Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 9668 (Misses)

Reviewed by:quixoticpixels

About quixoticpixelsstarstar
Member since: 4/2/08
Posted on:8/5/10 10:08 PM
Last Updated:8/5/10 10:11 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
lakaribane said... (8/7/10 10:41 AM) Reply
I want to make that one too, every since I saw the red one that Tasia made. Re: bras, a subject on my mind A LOT lately (really hot weather here), I'm in the process of repurposing the cup thing in an old bra but I'm thinking of reusing the underwire too. Maybe buy either bra cups or a cheap bra that fits okay enough and sewing it onto the lining? You just need the cups and the front band so maybe you could stitch part of the band at the side seam on the lining only? This is something I'm considering applying in a future halter project. HTH
Laurie Lou said... (8/6/10 5:29 PM) Reply
Very helpful review and very interesting. I think we have similar body types and I like you would have thought for sure the cut of the dress would have given enough room for my measurements as well. Thanks for writing this up in your review. I love your fabric choice it looks smashing on you!
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/6/10 12:50 PM) Reply
Lovely dress. It has that vintage vibe. Looking good. ;-)
pterion said... (8/6/10 12:47 PM) Reply
This is such a lovely dress on you! You look like you are going to a garden party. I get cocky about fitting too sometimes - the dress certainly LOOKS like it fits you perfectly!
Obrooks770 said... (8/6/10 11:17 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress, I love the print! You look really nice, perfect for summer.
Jali said... (8/6/10 10:35 AM) Reply
Its a beautiful dress! I think the neckline is very flattering on you.
becca a said... (8/6/10 10:22 AM) Reply
Your dress is beautiful! I love the fabric, and I think you managed apple placement well.
eugenia123 said... (8/6/10 4:42 AM) Reply
Very pretty dress. I love that fruity fabric!!!
arianamaniacs said... (8/6/10 4:02 AM) Reply
Lovely dress, so summery!
KathleenS said... (8/6/10 3:22 AM) Reply
Your dress is lovely, very unusual. I feel that that style with the sleeves makes your shoulders look wider anyway. The print placement looks fine from here. Do you have any side seam allowance you could let out to make it more comfortable?
Nan Kay said... (8/5/10 11:23 PM) Reply
I like this dress, it looks really great on you too.
CynthiaSue said... (7/17/10 8:44 PM) Reply
gorgeous. love that neckline!
carnelian said... (7/16/10 9:20 PM) Reply
Your fabric suggests ripening fruit, yet you have finessed the placement successfully. If there is sufficient ease in the bust then the halter version will be flattering. There are many bras with straps that can be adapted to halter and crossback configurations.
Beek said... (7/16/10 5:11 PM) Reply
So far, it's a gorgeous dress. Such a flattering silhouette.
Mazzygirl said... (7/16/10 5:01 PM) Reply
I love the fabric! (& I don't see any apples in an inappropriate spot) can'twait to see the finished item!
ggf2005 said... (7/16/10 4:22 PM) Reply
3M Micropore tape is a good alternative to the bra. May years ago when I had my breast reduction, this is all that I wore for a week. Basically you end up with something that looks like an anchor on each breast. So far this looks really great.

McCall's 5114 OOP