Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 2217 (Harem pants)

Reviewed by:julesberry

About julesberrystarstar
Member since: 12/6/05
Posted on:7/16/10 9:40 PM
Last Updated:7/16/10 9:41 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
yorkshire lass said... (7/29/10 7:25 AM) Reply
I am sorry you didn't like these. Thanks for a very thoughtful review. I think this is one Marfy pattern I won't be getting.
Robin Denning said... (7/17/10 9:45 PM) Reply
I loved your review, it made me laugh. They really look terrific, though. I like them on you.
mendospot said... (7/17/10 2:15 PM) Reply
I like them on you also. They look fun and cute. The harem pant in my opinion doesn't look GOOD on anybody either but they're fun. And you can pull it off.
sewtime said... (7/17/10 1:16 PM) Reply
I am with the group, I love them!!
marec said... (7/17/10 10:35 AM) Reply
I think they look fun, fresh and lighthearted. They're cute! I think they would be great for a patio/terrace party.
FreyaStark said... (7/17/10 6:16 AM) Reply
They don't look too bad for light-hearted casual wear, especially just at home.
julesberry said... (7/17/10 3:51 AM) Reply
Fictionfan: You'd think drapey fabric would be the answer. But I don't believe it, because, as I wrote on my blog, as I was finishing these I saw a very thin, fashionable woman wearing a drapey version, and they looked just awful. Basically they swung around as she walked, drawing attention in a very unflattering way to her bum. The cotton I used was not very crisp, and didn't have much body. Admittedly, as it was light it didn't hang heavily, but as I say, I don't think that would be an advantage when the trousers are in motion!
Fictionfan said... (7/17/10 2:47 AM) Reply
These look really comfortable, even if the whole sarouel revival is silly and can't possibly flatter any shape human body. I like the way they look on you much better than some of the crotch-below-knees versions I've seen. I wonder if you had some really limp fabric, like silk jersey or voile, whether these would give you the drape the drawing suggests the pants should have. Perhaps cotton, like linen, simply has too much body? Thanks for the review and the blog details.
sfshaza said... (7/17/10 2:04 AM) Reply
I think they are really cute! I love them on you.
mastdenman said... (7/17/10 0:07 AM) Reply
I actually like the way they look.
Elona said... (7/16/10 11:14 PM) Reply
A very thoughtful review of this style driven by style for its own sake. Thank you.

by: idaaida