Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6122 (Misses' Tops and Sash)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 4/3/10
Posted on:7/18/10 9:47 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
sewbehind said... (7/21/10 12:44 PM) Reply
I'm surprised you don't like it. I think it is really cute!
obsessed with sewing said... (7/20/10 2:57 PM) Reply
I don't think this looks matronly at all, in fact, I think it is very cute. You did a great job with the fit - it looks perfect. Personally, almost all woven blouses/shirts feel like straight jackets on me - something to do with my back/neck/shoulder fitting issues.
Annette1 said... (7/20/10 1:33 PM) Reply
Oh, yes, you NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED a serger! I thought I didn't NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED one, but I finally broke down and got a used Bernina on eBay for only $385 (due to Christa and Meggie's CONSTANT NAGGING -- ha!), and I've NEVER regretted it. I'm not one who serges everything I make, but it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice for knits AND for finishing seams. ON TO THE BLOUSE, though, I think it looks GREAT on you and not the slightest bit matronly. :o) Maybe I'll start using the term "unsewing" instead of "seam ripping." It has a better ring to it. BACK TO THE SERGER -- ha! -- there's a Brother serger on Amazon for a measly 200 bucks or so that has a LOT of good reviews. 'Course, I can't speak to it personally.
mochimo said... (7/19/10 5:02 PM) Reply
This blouse looks really nice on you. It's a pity that it is uncomfortable to wear.
Leu said... (7/19/10 4:38 PM) Reply
Not matronly at all! What a cute top.
Mushywear said... (7/19/10 1:51 PM) Reply
What a great looking blouse. I really like the color and it sure looks like a perfect fit. Wish I could be more patient and finish seams like that.
Q Valley Mary said... (7/19/10 10:42 AM) Reply
I agree that the top really looks quite nice on you, but I understand that it's hard to like a blouse that isn't comfortable to move in.
sing201 said... (7/19/10 7:55 AM) Reply
I think this blouse looks very nice on you. The fabric you chose is gorgeous.
Nan Kay said... (7/18/10 10:10 PM) Reply
Sorry you aren't thrilled with the results because you did a lovely job making it and it looks nice on you.

Christine Jonson Double Collar Princess Jacket

Christine Jonson Double Collar Princess Jacket

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)