Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6122 (Misses' Tops and Sash)

Reviewed by:MNBarb

About MNBarbstarstarstarstar
MN USA
Member since: 4/3/10
Posted on:7/18/10 9:47 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
sewbehind said... (7/21/10 12:44 PM) Reply
I'm surprised you don't like it. I think it is really cute!
obsessed with sewing said... (7/20/10 2:57 PM) Reply
I don't think this looks matronly at all, in fact, I think it is very cute. You did a great job with the fit - it looks perfect. Personally, almost all woven blouses/shirts feel like straight jackets on me - something to do with my back/neck/shoulder fitting issues.
Annette1 said... (7/20/10 1:33 PM) Reply
Oh, yes, you NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED a serger! I thought I didn't NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED one, but I finally broke down and got a used Bernina on eBay for only $385 (due to Christa and Meggie's CONSTANT NAGGING -- ha!), and I've NEVER regretted it. I'm not one who serges everything I make, but it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice for knits AND for finishing seams. ON TO THE BLOUSE, though, I think it looks GREAT on you and not the slightest bit matronly. :o) Maybe I'll start using the term "unsewing" instead of "seam ripping." It has a better ring to it. BACK TO THE SERGER -- ha! -- there's a Brother serger on Amazon for a measly 200 bucks or so that has a LOT of good reviews. 'Course, I can't speak to it personally.
mochimo said... (7/19/10 5:02 PM) Reply
This blouse looks really nice on you. It's a pity that it is uncomfortable to wear.
Leu said... (7/19/10 4:38 PM) Reply
Not matronly at all! What a cute top.
Mushywear said... (7/19/10 1:51 PM) Reply
What a great looking blouse. I really like the color and it sure looks like a perfect fit. Wish I could be more patient and finish seams like that.
Q Valley Mary said... (7/19/10 10:42 AM) Reply
I agree that the top really looks quite nice on you, but I understand that it's hard to like a blouse that isn't comfortable to move in.
sing201 said... (7/19/10 7:55 AM) Reply
I think this blouse looks very nice on you. The fabric you chose is gorgeous.
Nan Kay said... (7/18/10 10:10 PM) Reply
Sorry you aren't thrilled with the results because you did a lovely job making it and it looks nice on you.

Vogue Patterns V8495

by: Melwyk

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)

Shapes Four Good Measure Pattern (Size 1-3)