Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5985 (Zip hoodie)

Reviewed by:Ann Smith

About Ann Smithstarstarstarstar
Posted on:7/19/10 8:41 PM
Last Updated:7/19/10 8:52 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Outerwear
DorothyK said... (7/21/10 10:58 AM) Reply
This is adorable. I love the combination of that fabulous fabric with the glitzy zipper. Great hoodie!
Ann Smith said... (7/20/10 7:55 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great comments everyone. We reviewers thrive on them. About the jeans: yes RTW, Calvin Klein bought at Costco! I must be easy to fit.
Karendee said... (7/20/10 5:35 PM) Reply
Like AnneMarie60, I would not have glanced twice at this pattern before seeing your wonderful project. You certainly changed my idea of this capelet. Your fabric/zipper combo plus your style while wearing it, makes it all perfect! Thanks for the review.
Cornelia said... (7/20/10 3:49 PM) Reply
That looks great! Somehow, it managed to focus my eye on your very well fitted jeans. Good wardrobe planning. No don't tell me those jeans are RTW.
Annette1 said... (7/20/10 1:40 PM) Reply
Whoops, I got impatient and clicked too many times.
Annette1 said... (7/20/10 1:40 PM) Reply
Are you happy now? I'm going to buy this pattern when I have to go to Wal-Mart today, haven of the masses. :o)
AnneMarie60 said... (7/20/10 11:50 AM) Reply
I wouldn't have even considered this pattern before seeing your fabulous version. Love the sparkly zipper and the elegant fabric choice! Your projects are always a refreshing inspiration for me.
Q Valley Mary said... (7/20/10 11:33 AM) Reply
Wow! You've taken what is usually a very casual garment and made it into high fashion. If you want to add another exotic note to it, where I live a hoodie is also called a bunny hug. This is apparently a Saskatchewan term only, but now you're in the know. And you've inspired me to reconsider this pattern.
ryansmumAria said... (7/20/10 9:39 AM) Reply
As always, stunning!
Auntie Allyn said... (7/20/10 7:53 AM) Reply
What a great jacket! Love the rhinestone zipper!!
Rebecca D said... (7/20/10 6:39 AM) Reply
Totally missed this one, now you've got me thinking about it. Very cute.
CarolynGM said... (7/20/10 5:50 AM) Reply
What a refreshingly innovative incarnation of a unique style. Have fun wearing it!!
Annette1 said... (7/20/10 0:52 AM) Reply
Well, GOOD, you deserved an easier, rewarding pattern after the blouse from hell. :o) I've contemplated this pattern many times, and yours looks GREAT. And, by the way, I don't know if you made your jeans, too, but they fit GREAT!
Aroura said... (7/19/10 11:50 PM) Reply
Really nice, great style and it looks fantastic! The zipper is a nice touch.
Barbara V said... (7/19/10 10:23 PM) Reply
Like combining foods in unusual ways for new flavors, I see this similarly with the casual look of a hoodie mixed with dressier elements of a cape. I like it with the mix especially made up in the wonderful polka dot fabric and using the rhinestone zipper. Great fun!
Schnauzer said... (7/19/10 10:21 PM) Reply
I love your wide sleeved jacket, Ann!
sfshaza said... (7/19/10 10:12 PM) Reply
Very cute! I love the polka dot fabric and the glitzy zipper. I also have that pattern aging in my stash and I will have to give it another look.
Leslie Bonner said... (7/19/10 9:10 PM) Reply
Very nice combination of casual styling and pretty fabric.
Nancy Rhodes said... (7/19/10 8:48 PM) Reply
When you cross a hoodie with a cape, do you get a Cappie or a Hape or Coodie? I like it... fun style. and a perfect antedote for your fabulously difficult tucked shirt...

Understanding Knit Fabrics