Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2416 (Misses / Plus Size Skirts)

Reviewed by:Ruth Designs

About Ruth Designsstar
NC USA
Member since: 6/7/08
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:7/19/10 1:40 PM
Last Updated:7/19/10 1:42 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

See other patterns in this category: Skirts
angieg123 said... (1/30/15 10:17 AM) Reply
In making this skirt (2nd one) I've had a real problem with one tier fitting to the next, ( working from top to bottom) I have had to clip the bottom tier every 1/2 inch in order for the seams to match on sides. I don't know if I am doing something incorrectly or this is just a problem with this skirt.
angieg123 said... (1/30/15 10:16 AM) Reply
amommaathome said... (3/19/11 2:40 PM) Reply
Very cute! I am truly impressed that you did all that staystitching. I rarely staystitch unless I see a real necessity. I will be sure to do it when I make this skirt.
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (7/20/10 10:50 AM) Reply
This is a great looking skirt. I'm so glad to see a review. The color is great for summer and it's a nice fit. Thanks for the review.
Ruth Designs said... (7/20/10 10:29 AM) Reply
Yes Rebecca, I had to staystitch every single piece. In the end it was worth it.
Rebecca D said... (7/20/10 6:47 AM) Reply
I love this skirt. Did you have to staystitch all the edges of those pieces? Yikes. That's enough for me to avoid it, except for the fact that I love how yours looks.
Annette1 said... (7/20/10 1:04 AM) Reply
Nice to see this one made up. It's really cute!
sewsunny37 said... (7/19/10 10:22 PM) Reply
Great skirt--nice colors!
mssewcrazy said... (7/19/10 4:04 PM) Reply
I like your version- nice and cool for summer heat. I think I own this pattern as I collected the Khaliah Ali patterns. They are really stylish looking.
mastdenman said... (7/19/10 2:37 PM) Reply
This is a really nice skirt.

More Knits