Online Sewing Class: Understanding Sheer Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2378 (Child's)

Reviewed by:sewsunny37

About sewsunny37
Member since: 6/12/10
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:7/20/10 11:48 AM
Last Updated:7/21/10 2:05 AM

See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)
Gram2four said... (5/20/12 0:40 AM) Reply
Wow, fusible hem tape! Thankyou so much for the tip ! I made the top and had to topstitch it and was not really thrilled with the result because of the bit of gathering .{understitching did not keep it from rolling and would have to be ironed, I like to keep things simple for the moms} I will get some tape for the next top & dress. You are very creative for this being your first project. The dress is very cute .I used the sew simple pattern , exactly the same as the dummies pattern. I have both now as I wanted to make more than just the top. I too did not find it for beginners as the directions were lacking for anyone just starting out. You did a great job !
Lisanne said... (6/20/11 6:19 AM) Reply
Very helpful and informative
craftygamma said... (7/21/10 11:01 AM) Reply
Great idea for the fusible hem tape to hold down a facing. You should make a tip out of this. I just stitched down a front facing on a RTW, because I was tired of having to iron it just because the facing billowed. It is a casual wear blouse, so I didn't worry about the "unprofessionalism" of the stitching showing. Fusible hen tape would have worked fine for that. PS...I also like the dresses and respect your children's indivuality.
lacroise1 said... (7/21/10 4:59 AM) Reply
Great job on both dresses! Very very cute and that was ingenious with the fusible hem tape instead of understitching. I will have to try that myself.. Thanks!
sewsunny37 said... (7/21/10 2:04 AM) Reply
Thanks so much for your encouraging comment! You've so inspired me that I made another version of the dress tonight (much easier the second time around!) and posted it to the review. I'm so grateful for the PR community and am glad I found it!
Annette1 said... (7/20/10 2:36 PM) Reply
This is just as cute as it can be, and you did a great job with it! I've often wondered, myself, what is the difference between a "dummy" pattern and a pattern rated as "very easy" or whatever. I think it's just a marketing scheme!

Burda 8121