Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2257 (Men's Pajama Shorts/Pants)

Reviewed by:SButler

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Sleepwear / Loungewear

Sweater knit fabrics

renren said... (2/6/13 1:35 PM) Reply
I just ran into the same problem with the step for topstitching at the fly. I almost fell into the trap but I had read your review and remembered there might be a problem here. There is! I think that topstitching step they show you should only be for the triangle at the base of the fly OR if they really want the topstitching to be at the triangle and all the way up, the bottom layer of the fly has to be folded back or the fly will be sewn shut. This is an older pattern and interestingly I have not had a problem with newer KS instructions for men's patterns with a fly. I'm thinking they rewrote them to make them clearer. Anyway, beware of Step 4 where it says to "topstitch through all of the layers."
KarenP said... (1/12/11 4:41 PM) Reply
I think the illustration for top-stitching the fly makes it look like it should be sewn shut. I've made this pattern 3 times, and every time I almost sew it shut.
MNBarb said... (7/22/10 7:20 AM) Reply
I've had this pattern for about 10 years and have made it for myself and my kids about a million times. It's a really good basic pattern, glad you found it. I don't see a problem with the fly, most guys don't use them anyway, you probably could have left it sewn shut.
Aroura said... (7/22/10 2:44 AM) Reply
Good looking Pj shorts. I think the fly looks fine. Love the comfly, attractive fabric!

Other My Childhood Treasures