Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7281 (Misses'/Misses' Petite Top, Sh)

Reviewed by:Patti B

About Patti Bstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/29/02
Posted on:7/22/10 11:40 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 17 people
Cultured Purl said... (5/1/11 9:31 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review! Lovely lovely blouse! ( and sorry about your mom, I just lost my father, small things remind me of him all the time now) I just called my Jo Anne's for this pattern as I am putting together a summer travel wardrobe, I was looking for another top to wear w/ cropped pants from Sewing Workshop's Urban T and pants patter,,I chose this blouse as another , yet different top~ Now the hunt is on for the perfect fabric!! I also just ordered the new Couture Sewing book( forgive me if I am not familiiar w, names) , I am looking to incorporate some details into my sewing as I progress. Love your fabric! I learn SO much from all of you on PR!
Karine said... (7/26/10 10:22 AM) Reply
Those bound buttonholes on that black slippery fabric are truly impressive! Beautiful tops. Look great on you.
AuntieShel said... (7/25/10 10:36 AM) Reply
Wow, these are gorgeous. Perfect fit. And your buttonholes are to die for!!!
PegL said... (7/24/10 7:34 PM) Reply
Both of your tops are great! Fabulous buttonholes on the black! Very impressive!
KarmenG said... (7/24/10 2:21 AM) Reply
Patti - How nice to be reminded of this wonderful pattern, which is also in my stash. Your renditions are inspiring - your Mom's button and Bobbi's triangle buttonholes make the black top very special indeed. I love the shape on you. Enjoy wearing them.
carolynw said... (7/23/10 9:00 AM) Reply
Very nice!!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (7/23/10 8:30 AM) Reply
I recognize that SMILE!! AND pretty top!! ;)
Annette1 said... (7/23/10 0:56 AM) Reply
These are SO flattering, BOTH of them, as well as the jacket you made earlier. And I'm SO GLAD you reminded me of those buttonholes! I have that book, too, but I'd forgotten all about that. :o) You have a couple of real winners here.
sewslow67 said... (7/22/10 8:51 PM) Reply
Lovely work and you look terrific in your creation. I also liked that you took time to check out Bobbi Carr's work (Courure: the art of fine sewing is fabulous, with a wealth of ideas and excellent directions, too). Good job!
AnneMarie60 said... (7/22/10 8:20 PM) Reply
Gorgeous tops! So beautifully done! Love those fancy buttonholes!
Nancy K said... (7/22/10 7:24 PM) Reply
I see Bobby Carr lives in your lovely details. You've taken a simple blouse to another level. Great blouse
Schnauzer said... (7/22/10 6:01 PM) Reply
Very pretty tops, Patti!
Terri A said... (7/22/10 5:13 PM) Reply
Very nice tops! Great job.
Barbara V said... (7/22/10 5:12 PM) Reply
What pretty tops and very flattering on you. I love the lapel bottonholes. So sorry to hear about your Mom. The single unique top botton is a lovely memory maker.
Knitz said... (7/22/10 4:21 PM) Reply
Very nice! Love the buttonholes on black, and the snaps on the casual top.
marec said... (7/22/10 3:15 PM) Reply
Patti, I love everything about these two tops. The buttonholes are so cool, the fabrics, the fit...very pretty and the beige top is so pretty on you. When I get time, I'll try the short sleeve view also. Thanks for the review-I've been looking for it.
Riordan said... (7/22/10 2:44 PM) Reply
Beautiful tops!! Love the triangular buttonholes. too.
RLL said... (7/22/10 2:28 PM) Reply
I really like your tops. And I love the stylish buttonholes on the black.
Leora said... (7/22/10 12:48 PM) Reply
The black is glamorous. No wonder it was so high maintenance to work with. Beautiful tops!

You Sew Girl Small Tote Pattern