Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3039 (Fitted Western-Style Shirt)

Reviewed by:Teri

About Teristar
Posted on:5/15/04 10:55 PM
Last Updated:6/24/04 10:28 AM

Sew it seams said... (6/24/04 2:43 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirt, Teri! Thanks for sharing the new photo. What a nice friend you are!
MaryBeth said... (6/24/04 1:38 PM) Reply
Love that Aloha shirt! Good friend!
Cornelia said... (5/18/04 7:46 AM) Reply
What a beautiful shirt! Your review is so helpful that it goes into my "How To" notebook. This pattern might be a good one for my city biking DDIL. The sleeves might be just right. I would never have thought of that fitting consideration. Thank you so much.
Teri said... (5/17/04 1:44 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for the nice comments. I am at work and wearing this shirt today. Let me tell you, it is very comfy.
debbie.w said... (5/16/04 6:54 PM) Reply
I love it. I have several western-style shirts but lke them with the 3/4 length since I don't get anywhere near a horse!! Good job it looks RTW.
Danvillegirl said... (5/16/04 4:58 PM) Reply
Lovely shirt. Love the design and looks so polished. Great job.
Hilary said... (5/16/04 9:28 AM) Reply
Pretty shirt! Yours looks much nicer than the pattern photo, great job! I enjoyed reading your review :o) I'm a closet horse fanatic, lol.
SewingSusan said... (5/16/04 8:57 AM) Reply
Love that shirt! You do such great work.
PVA said... (5/15/04 11:57 PM) Reply
Teri, great job! I too love the bias treatment for the yokes, cuffs & etc. I appreciate the tip about longer sleeves for riding. My GDG is a 4-H kid, doing the competitive thing western style, winning lots of ribbons. I made a jeans vest for her a couple of years ago with a big horse head embroidered on the back. She loved it! I'm tempted to try this shirt, you have inspired me. Thank you so much for this review.
Liana said... (5/15/04 11:44 PM) Reply
Neat shirt Teri. I didn't know about longer sleeves for riding, but it makes sense. Good for you being a 4H leader!
Sew it seams said... (5/15/04 11:20 PM) Reply
Hi Teri, we are practically neighbors! (I'm in Whitefish, MT) You did a really nice job on your shirt. I love bias cut details too. I have enjoyed looking through your reveiws and seeing the lovely things you have sewn.

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Classic Sport Shirt Pattern