Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1209 (Monaco Shell)

Reviewed by:Sew it seams

About Sew it seamsstarstar
Member since: 7/15/03
Posted on:5/15/04 11:05 PM
Last Updated:5/16/04 10:21 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
CarolynGM said... (6/1/04 5:09 PM) Reply
Gigi -- I did break down and order this pattern today; Debe's and jlg's review pictures are so inspiring.
Gigi Louis said... (6/1/04 2:42 PM) Reply
This looks amazing on you! Yours looks much better than the one on the pattern envelope. I may have to break down and order it.
AuntieShel said... (5/17/04 12:54 PM) Reply
Wow, your top looks great--love the chevron effect. I, too, love this pattern! You get the tank top effect with lots more style!
SandraB said... (5/17/04 12:24 PM) Reply
I love your top Debe. Beautiful job on the matching stripes. I have toyed with the idea of getting this pattern for a while now. I think you just pushed me over the edge! I'm definitely getting it now. Thanks for a great review.
Danvillegirl said... (5/17/04 5:53 AM) Reply
Love the look. Thanks for reviewing this pattern. I have debated getting this pattern. May now decide to give it a try.
Sew it seams said... (5/16/04 8:11 PM) Reply
Deepika, I remember reading the other reviews about the armhole being large, but I like the fit of the armhole on mine. I think it may have something to do with the "stretch recovery" of the knit. As long as it recovers 100% or nearly, I think the armhole won't get too stretched out. I have been wearing this top all day and I haven't once thought about having to "adjust" it anywhere, and that is a 'plus' for me!
Deepika said... (5/16/04 4:58 PM) Reply
Debe great top! I love the chevron effect. Question: how is the armhole fit? In the other reviews it seems that its a bit loose. Did you feel that way?
Sew it seams said... (5/16/04 10:05 AM) Reply
Thanks! Rebecca, Since I bought this fabric for just a muslin, and I had never tried the Textile Studio line, I made no adjustments on this just to see how it fit. I think in the photo it looks a little tight, but it is really very comfortable. As for the V, I didn't make any adjustments to that either, but I think it looks lower because I may have it pulled down a little lower than it is supposed to be and the lycra in the fabric keeps it there, and also, the top part of the stripe is a very light pink which shows up as biege in the photo, so I it kind of looks like my skin instead of the fabric. Actually, in person, the top doesn't match the pants I'm wearing at all, but in this photo it does! I am adding one detail to my review that I think is important.
Teri said... (5/16/04 9:13 AM) Reply
Hey neighbor, your top looks great! If you ever get to Boise let me know, we could go fabric shoping:)
SewingSusan said... (5/16/04 8:55 AM) Reply
Great looking top, love the stripes and you did such a beautiful job matching them. That's a fantastic backdrop by the way.
Rebecca D said... (5/16/04 8:37 AM) Reply
Debe, this looks great! Two questions, I see from your profile that you normally make a FBA, did you do so with this pattern? Your neckline looks to be a deeper V than the pattern photo, did you make any adjustment there? Thanks for the review. By the way, I love the Santa Monica T, the neckline fit is amazing and it goes together with ease.
JDpenelope said... (5/16/04 7:02 AM) Reply
You improved upon this pattern with your bias stripes. Very original, fits perfectly, too. Isn't lycra great?
jlg said... (5/16/04 6:49 AM) Reply
Very pretty, Debe. I like the bias stripes; I think that they are very becoming on you.
Ann Smith said... (5/15/04 11:50 PM) Reply
Terrific top. Love the bias stripes and colors (and the neckline too).

More Knits