Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1085 (MISSES' TOP)

Reviewed by:GlobalMom

About GlobalMomstarstar
Member since: 3/11/09
Posted on:7/28/10 12:21 PM
Last Updated:7/28/10 8:37 PM

tweedcurtain said... (5/23/11 4:44 PM) Reply
This is the kind of review that makes my PR subscription so worthwhile! I just bought this pattern and sat down to read reviews and became dismayed - until I came across yours! Thanks for taking the time to help others with what you figured out.
gotasew said... (11/13/10 9:43 PM) Reply
Thanks for the tips, I have this pattern and have not made this view yet. I tried the cross overtop. but made a lot of alterations with the cutting out. It just seemed too big to me. Any way with cropping a lot of fabric from the pattern from the cut out stage with the corss over top it looked like the pattern picture, but a bi weird over the shoulders. Thanks for your review I will try that version because of it. It looks good on you.
renren said... (10/12/10 1:26 AM) Reply
Very nice and thanks for pointing out the fix. Very disappointed with Vogue on this one. I've sewn View A which was already tough and I've been afraid of View B thinking I would hold off sewing it until I had sewn all my other patterns (which translates to 'never'). I love B on the envelope so it is good to know it is doable. Thanks!
dresscode said... (7/29/10 9:22 AM) Reply
Thanks for the detailed info on the corrections! I hadn't noticed those in prior reviews...but you never notice until you are standing in front of a lump, right? Great top and beautiful on you!
Sewphie said... (7/28/10 3:27 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review -- I'm printing it out to put with my pattern -- you saved the day!
Taarna said... (7/28/10 1:21 PM) Reply
Thanks for the helpful review. The muslin looks great!

SavageCoco Patterns Amare Dress