Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2010-104 (skirt)

Reviewed by:andread

Upcycle sewing patterns

Lucy in Virginia said... (7/30/10 1:45 PM) Reply
Delightful skirt!
becca a said... (7/29/10 9:49 AM) Reply
This is a great skirt. I love your fun fabric and buttons. I will have to look at this pattern again. Thanks for a great review.
Aroura said... (7/28/10 11:02 PM) Reply
What a great and unigque skirt! I love the buttons, and the one way stripe is perfect. I know what you mean about economy of sewing. Myself, I'm a bargain sewer (only buy fabric bargain bin, thrift store, etc, patterns on holiday sales. Heh, even my notions are sometimes re-used, and it still costs about the same per garment as I'd pay at someplace like wal-mart. If you count in the time spent making it...yeah. But it is so worth the extra cost and time, I totally agree.
MNBarb said... (7/28/10 2:38 PM) Reply
You write a great review. It's weird that the waistband looked wider on the pattern website, or maybe I looked at the wrong pattern. Congrats on making it through without look at instructions, from what I'm hearing about Burda they wouldn't have been very helpful anyway. What a sewing bargain. It's generally all the little stuff like thread, buttons, etc that add up. I marvel at the detail in RTW clothing that is sold very inexpensively. Sewing is a hobby and there are many more hobbies that drain one's budget more than sewing. Good job on the skirt.

by: Sakura58