Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5434 ( MISSES'/WOMEN'S TOP, ROBE, BE)

Reviewed by:Therisa

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants

CPhT said... (3/21/12 7:41 PM) Reply
Therisa, did you every make the abayah? That is the same reason I bought this pattern! Glad I checked here for reviews first, but would love to hear how the abayah turned out.
bconky said... (7/24/11 8:03 AM) Reply
I wish I had read this first I cut out in fabric and wasted material finished hip is 6" smaller than pattern hip measurement what a waste of money Arghhh
Vintage Joan said... (8/5/10 6:19 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and I'd never checked the finished measurements before. Thanks!! The same problem occurs on the size XS-XL -- the finished measurements are roughly the same as the body measurement, so for some sizes there's no ease at all... on pj's! I haven't checked the robe measurement, but I wonder if it's the same way. I guess one thing you could do is go up a size or two. Not that you should have to. What were they thinking!!
cleverclogs said... (8/2/10 8:41 AM) Reply
Thanks for the helpful review- it's always good to know when something is radically wrong with a pattern.
cleverclogs said... (8/2/10 8:40 AM) Reply
AuntieShel said... (7/31/10 10:42 AM) Reply
Wow, so glad you made a muslin first. Totally amazing that such a grading error could occur. Hello!
elsew said... (7/31/10 8:17 AM) Reply
What a life saver you (and PR) are...I was just looking at this pattern yesterday in the catalog and it caught my eye but I did not purchase it at the time. With the Connie Crawford name one would think it would be flawless. I particularly liked your comment about the difference in the patterns you purchased from her and the ones with her name on it from Butterick. But isn't that robe design lovely?
FreyaStark said... (7/31/10 4:47 AM) Reply
Thanks for a useful review. Obviously it's a very disappointing experience, especially given that the envelope illustration is quite appealing.
o3b said... (7/31/10 3:12 AM) Reply
Great review. I hope Connie is able to get the problem fixed. Regardless, your phone call to her can be helpful to many people.
sewsunny37 said... (7/30/10 7:21 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for the review! You are so smart to make a muslin first. I don't do this and have made some costly mistakes.

8 1/2 inch Dressmaking Shears