Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5484 (Misses' Top, Tunic and Dress)

Reviewed by:tessalau

About tessalaustar
Member since: 5/24/08
Posted on:8/1/10 11:19 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops

tessalau said... (8/7/10 9:03 PM) Reply
Thanks for the comments! Can anyone suggest resources for learning to do a SBA on twist-front tops like this one? Maybe that's what I should try next.
obsessed with sewing said... (8/5/10 8:25 PM) Reply
I really like your top, it looks very good on you. Sorry you were disappointed with the results, it may not be what you were looking for but it still is very cute.
ClaireEmily said... (8/2/10 7:08 PM) Reply
I don't think it's matronly - the lovely print really lifts it. I see what you mean about lots of fabric though. =)
sewbehind said... (8/2/10 12:05 PM) Reply
I think this top looks really cute on you. Perhaps a few alterations will give it the sexier look you were going for. It is not a matronly top, though!
AuntieShel said... (8/2/10 8:37 AM) Reply
You look fabulous in your pic and I wondered about the rating you gave the pattern. Then I read your review and looked at more pics and understood the rating, but I still think this top looks great on you. (But you know the look you were after!)
marec said... (8/2/10 0:46 AM) Reply
It's a beautiful design and your fabric is terrific. That is too bad about the fit. I would guess you need to do a SBA (small bust adjustment) on some tops.