Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> PMB (Skirt)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

About Debbie Cookstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/11/02

Posted on:5/19/04 0:23 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
BjP said... (3/11/06 10:29 AM) Reply
Debbie, just saw this review - it popped up on the side. What a great skirt! Lovely fabric and color is great on you. I hope you found some places to wear it! This is a very flattering style on you.
Danvillegirl said... (5/20/04 5:49 AM) Reply
Great skirt, Debbie. Seeing your picture makes me very homesick for Florida. Lived in Lakeland 9 years, I am now back in my native state of VA but FL is my love. I will be back!!! Great idea on the skirt and since I have PMB you have once again given me a new idea and a tip on the program works. Love that skirt, very flattering on you.
Debbie Cook said... (5/19/04 12:19 PM) Reply
Whoops ... forgot to say first of all, THANKS everyone for the nice comments. And jlg ... I just made up the proportion. More like I just flat-out guessed! Gigi, yep screen enclosure ... gotta keep them honkin' big bugs out!
Gigi Louis said... (5/19/04 12:00 PM) Reply
Yep! Whenever I see a pool with screen enclosure I think of Florida. :-)
Debbie Cook said... (5/19/04 11:01 AM) Reply
jlg, the total skirt length automatically includes the flounce, so when you choose a 9" flounce, for example, the rest of the skirt length is reduced by 9 inches (plus SA). Sandra B, yes that is one of my now many Jalie 2005 Tees. Gigi, aren't all Florida houses similar?
SandraB said... (5/19/04 8:51 AM) Reply
Debbie, this skirt is absolutely gorgeous. I love the print, and the fit is very flattering on you. Is that the Jalie 2005 T-shirt that you have on?
Gigi Louis said... (5/19/04 8:25 AM) Reply
What a cute skirt! I love the way you used the print. Funny how our Florida houses are so similar!
cindyann said... (5/19/04 7:33 AM) Reply
That is a very nice looking skirt. Your flounce turned out beautifully. When I saw your pic I knew you lived in FL and thought maybe you were here in So FL. But alas, you live way up there in Tampa.
Rebecca D said... (5/19/04 6:42 AM) Reply
This skirt is so summery and fresh and you look beautiful in it. I love the clothes you choose and find the silhouettes inspirational as we have very similar body types.
jlg said... (5/19/04 6:06 AM) Reply
A very pretty summery skirt; the outfit looks nice on you. I haven't tried a flounce skirt with my PMB yet. When you enter the skirt length, is the flounce included in it or is it added to it? I like the proportion of flounce to skirt. Did you borrow that from another pattern or did you just make it up?

Sewing Workshop Helix Tee and Pants