Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1033 (MISSES' SHIRT)

Reviewed by:Sandra Betzina

About Sandra Betzinastar
Member since: 4/1/10
Skill level:Expert/Couture
Posted on:8/7/10 2:52 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

Sweater knit fabrics

bearspaw55 said... (6/21/11 4:13 PM) Reply
My project is still in process. Photos to come later in the week. My sleeve length appears to be normal, if measurements serve. I had never sewn a collar with band before, so the "burrito technique" was difficult to understand at first. Vogue should have provided an extra illustration or two for this. The collar itself, though goes together in a very elegant way, and the "tow truck" method of pulling the collar corners through the sewing machine works very well (it is the same method as you would use for starting a hem with a scroll foot). I am hoping for this blouse to become my first-ever TNT basic blouse pattern.
JETrinity said... (8/17/10 1:41 PM) Reply
Sandra, see the review on Vogue 1159 by me and the comments. This is another grading problem. I was not pleased with the answer I got from Vogue. I am sure you will have better luck.
marec said... (8/8/10 10:20 AM) Reply
Sandra, thank you for the above kind offer. You were so helpful to me personally when I was constructing Vogue 7976 and now I see this! Your professionalism and desire to help others become more accomplished is wonderful.
Sharon1952 said... (8/8/10 7:27 AM) Reply
Thank you for your honesty and trust in your product. It is nice to know you stand behind your work so personally.
Tailypo said... (8/7/10 3:43 PM) Reply
Sandra, thanks so much for looking into this! I worry, though, about whether you should use a business address? The new pattern reviews are available online for all to see, PR members or not. Anyway, thanks for this because I have put off purchasing this pattern due to the troubles others described. I have had such success with your patterns, I am always glad to find a reason to try another one! Thanks again, Megan

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS