Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7808 (Dress)

Reviewed by:sarahinlafayette

About sarahinlafayettestar
Member since: 7/17/08
Posted on:8/9/10 1:58 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people

ybab said... (8/11/15 12:16 PM) Reply
WOW! so many great examples. I love them all. The picture on the pattern is not very inspiring, but you've really given some great ideas for adapting the design. The garments you made are so flattering too, not what I would have expected from the picture on the pattern. thanks for sharing!
ClaireEmily said... (8/19/10 6:40 PM) Reply
All of your versions are gorgeous. The pin tucks, that amazing silk print, and I like the dress too. Inspiring work!
LizBa said... (8/19/10 4:58 PM) Reply
I love the silk lycra jersey! Very pretty and flattering for you!
slvrsage said... (8/19/10 11:40 AM) Reply
lovely garments!
bananaoil said... (8/16/10 5:26 PM) Reply
I have admired (and tried to copy) this pattern and I like all your versions. I know this to be a comfortable item to wear. I hope you do post more variations, this is a classic style.
RuthieSews said... (8/15/10 6:05 PM) Reply
Loads of great garments. I really like the one with the interesting print. (Plus your sewing assistant is adorable!)
rebija said... (8/14/10 3:47 PM) Reply
I love the added detail on the silk-lycra jersey - very pretty
Secretsugar said... (8/12/10 2:26 PM) Reply
I love this version best of all. I don't think I would have given this pattern a second look before seeing this lovely, flattering dress, so thanks for the great review!
PittyPat said... (8/10/10 9:15 AM) Reply
Great job on the different versions of your pattern. The paisly top is a sure hit with me, too.
Aless said... (8/10/10 3:49 AM) Reply
I asked for reviews of this pattern-have had it for a while but don't usually wear dresses. I love everything you've done with it! The tunic style is very current here in Australia (it's winter!) and summer versions are appearing in rtw. Now I WILL give it a go.
MNBarb said... (8/9/10 9:52 PM) Reply
What a way to take off with a pattern. I like all of them, even the "muslin" for knocking around. You are really a tunic lady, they all look great on you and are so unique. Now I feel better about the second Burda tunic I have cut out and ready to sew. You are inspiring and original!
FreyaStark said... (8/9/10 7:10 PM) Reply
I like all your versions; the last - with the exotic ikat look - is my favourite. Your efforts are inspirational. Demonstrating so many possibilities with this pattern is a revelation. When I tried this one a few years ago I abandoned it half finished because it seemed too frumpy. It didn't occur to me to tinker with the pattern. I must give it another go.
Noeysmommy said... (8/9/10 2:23 PM) Reply
The paisley is my favorite too! Great job!
Aroura said... (8/9/10 2:11 PM) Reply
Wow, love all your version! You did so many different things. I especially love the Paisly top, beautiful job with lining up the pattern!

by: catwoman7

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Sewing Workshop MixIt Shirt, Top & Tank Pattern