Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7808 (Dress)

Reviewed by:sarahinlafayette

About sarahinlafayettestar
Member since: 7/17/08
Posted on:8/9/10 1:58 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
ClaireEmily said... (8/19/10 6:40 PM) Reply
All of your versions are gorgeous. The pin tucks, that amazing silk print, and I like the dress too. Inspiring work!
LizBa said... (8/19/10 4:58 PM) Reply
I love the silk lycra jersey! Very pretty and flattering for you!
slvrsage said... (8/19/10 11:40 AM) Reply
lovely garments!
bananaoil said... (8/16/10 5:26 PM) Reply
I have admired (and tried to copy) this pattern and I like all your versions. I know this to be a comfortable item to wear. I hope you do post more variations, this is a classic style.
RuthieSews said... (8/15/10 6:05 PM) Reply
Loads of great garments. I really like the one with the interesting print. (Plus your sewing assistant is adorable!)
rebija said... (8/14/10 3:47 PM) Reply
I love the added detail on the silk-lycra jersey - very pretty
Secretsugar said... (8/12/10 2:26 PM) Reply
I love this version best of all. I don't think I would have given this pattern a second look before seeing this lovely, flattering dress, so thanks for the great review!
PittyPat said... (8/10/10 9:15 AM) Reply
Great job on the different versions of your pattern. The paisly top is a sure hit with me, too.
Aless said... (8/10/10 3:49 AM) Reply
I asked for reviews of this pattern-have had it for a while but don't usually wear dresses. I love everything you've done with it! The tunic style is very current here in Australia (it's winter!) and summer versions are appearing in rtw. Now I WILL give it a go.
MNBarb said... (8/9/10 9:52 PM) Reply
What a way to take off with a pattern. I like all of them, even the "muslin" for knocking around. You are really a tunic lady, they all look great on you and are so unique. Now I feel better about the second Burda tunic I have cut out and ready to sew. You are inspiring and original!
FreyaStark said... (8/9/10 7:10 PM) Reply
I like all your versions; the last - with the exotic ikat look - is my favourite. Your efforts are inspirational. Demonstrating so many possibilities with this pattern is a revelation. When I tried this one a few years ago I abandoned it half finished because it seemed too frumpy. It didn't occur to me to tinker with the pattern. I must give it another go.
Noeysmommy said... (8/9/10 2:23 PM) Reply
The paisley is my favorite too! Great job!
Aroura said... (8/9/10 2:11 PM) Reply
Wow, love all your version! You did so many different things. I especially love the Paisly top, beautiful job with lining up the pattern!

Understanding Knit Fabrics