Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3064 (Misses Swimsuits)

Reviewed by:julistx

About julistx
Member since: 2/27/08
Posted on:8/10/10 9:05 AM
See other patterns in this category: Swimwear
MNBarb said... (6/5/11 6:34 PM) Reply
This is such a great swimsuit on you. I'm toying with idea of making a swimsuit that will actually fit me and your review is inspiring.
1SewSweet said... (8/11/10 7:22 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern so your review is extremely timely! I love your swimsuit and am so happy to hear there were no real issues with this pattern. I hope you post your next one you're making too. Thanks for the tip on Spandex World too!
lynne1nor said... (8/11/10 1:17 PM) Reply
Quite nice looking swimsuit!
julistx said... (8/11/10 10:29 AM) Reply
Hi - Thanks for all the great comments - To Treefrog - RE: FOE - I don't cut the elastic until I'm done - I used a zig zag stitch and just stretched the elastic a little as I was sewing (I stretched a little bit more for the leg holes) To Lyndel - I wish I had a job diving- But I just try to get out as much as possible and snorkel and swim the days I can't dive To Donna Mel - I got the FOE on Ebay - I'm new at using the FOE, so the only hint I can give is go slowly - I don't pin it so I have to be very careful to catch the fabric in between -
JEF said... (8/11/10 9:11 AM) Reply
Great looking suit!
donna mel said... (8/11/10 5:27 AM) Reply
Your fold-over elastic looks great. Where did you get it? Any tips on how to get the smooth finish? Great looking suit!!
Judy Kski said... (8/11/10 0:24 AM) Reply
I love your swimsuit with the FOE finish. Looks great on you!
lyndle said... (8/10/10 11:08 PM) Reply
Thanks for the really helpful review. Trying to get brave enough to try a swimsuit. Yours looks great. Do you dive for a job? You also inspired me to look up US Virgin Islands on a map (I'm in New Zealand), looks very nice!
sewing for fun said... (8/10/10 11:03 PM) Reply
Very nice suit - love your fabric!
cboots said... (8/10/10 10:03 PM) Reply
Looks great!
ryan's mom said... (8/10/10 8:55 PM) Reply
What a great swimsuit!!! I just finished my first one and am working on my second. Not the same pattern as yours, but it is a KS one. Might have to pick up this pattern, too, since this is such a cute style.
sewtime said... (8/10/10 8:27 PM) Reply
Very cute and great fit!!
craftygamma said... (8/10/10 6:58 PM) Reply
That is a great suit!
treefrog said... (8/10/10 6:56 PM) Reply
Very nice! I just bought this fabric so it's really great to see it made up. I like your idea of using the fold over elastic. It looks very effective and sounds like it would be much easier to apply. How do you judge the length of elastic to use?
Knitters Delight said... (8/10/10 4:09 PM) Reply
Great job!
homejewel said... (8/10/10 9:46 AM) Reply
Your swimsuit looks great on you - just like RTW!
Noeysmommy said... (8/10/10 9:34 AM) Reply
Nice suit! The FOE looks great!
Morisot said... (8/10/10 9:22 AM) Reply