Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2008-105 (Balmain)

Reviewed by:Birgitte

About Birgittestarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/28/04
Posted on:8/12/10 4:02 PM

Other Projects by Birgitte using this Pattern

KensingtonCrab said... (8/20/10 9:26 PM) Reply
Exquisite work! Thank you for sharing!
Kgrrl said... (8/16/10 2:15 AM) Reply
Wow, it looks like the designer original. Congratulations on a spectacular jacket!! You are a true artist.
AliceB said... (8/15/10 0:53 AM) Reply
A'mazing
ChristinePDX said... (8/14/10 10:35 PM) Reply
Exquisite! Love it paired with the jeans.
Sigrid. said... (8/13/10 6:12 PM) Reply
Good of you to finish it. Awesome! It was great to follow you along the making of this jacket, truely inspiring, though I wouldn't have any occasion to wear anything half as stunning. Thanks for sharing the process on your blog and this review.
Mahogany Stylist said... (8/13/10 4:42 PM) Reply
This is over the top. Outstanding. Thanks for the indepth review of your journey.
DorothyK said... (8/13/10 1:20 PM) Reply
Bravo!
Amanda S. said... (8/13/10 11:54 AM) Reply
You did it!!! And it's GORGEOUS! Great attention to detail and that beadwork is breathtaking. I'm a 38 should you ever tire of wearing it... :)
arianamaniacs said... (8/13/10 3:14 AM) Reply
You're awesome, I thought the project photo was the real balmain one at first. wonderful job!
Aroura said... (8/12/10 11:39 PM) Reply
What CynthiaSue said about sums up my feelings. Although I'm compelled to add that your reviews boggles my mind. Your knowledge and techniques are inspiring.
dingyadi said... (8/12/10 11:32 PM) Reply
Utterly amazing! It is just beautiful. The amount of work and concentration that must be involved is awesome.
CynthiaSue said... (8/12/10 10:22 PM) Reply
i think I cried.... Do not let your daughter borrow it!!! If I made this, I would want to be buried with it. ;)
Catbird said... (8/12/10 8:49 PM) Reply
Oh...my...goodness. As one who has eagerly followed your progress with this for ... is it over a year? ... I feel like I've witnessed a birth! This is astounding and exceeds all expectations. I LOVE it with the jeans and loose shirt. You're in the right business to wear such a glorious thing, and I hope you wear it often and get showered with praise. Your 'thinking cap' must be worn to tatters after this escapade! And the review and blog posts are massive amounts of work in themselves -- like an archeological dig with buried treasure at the end. I've gotten too wordy, but one last thing -- CONGRATULATIONS. I'm really blown away.
Nancy Rhodes said... (8/12/10 7:35 PM) Reply
Speechlessly nodding in agreement with all whom precede me here.. OMG! What an undertaking and stunning result!
donna mel said... (8/12/10 7:16 PM) Reply
WELL worth $14,000! It is YUMMY!!
Nancy K said... (8/12/10 6:59 PM) Reply
You've written a wonderful and informative review. I'll have to remember that tip about using boning. It's a beautiful jacket and it looks wonderful on you.
AMarie said... (8/12/10 6:47 PM) Reply
Incredible! Amazing! You have such dedication and skill. Thanks so much for sharing this. If anything, I've learned the impossible is possible with a strong dose of determination and some ingenunity.
Kay Y said... (8/12/10 5:28 PM) Reply
What an epic voyage! The end result is absolutely fabulous, as anyone would have predicted.
cindyann said... (8/12/10 5:26 PM) Reply
It's DONE!!! It's fantastic. { Thunderous applause and a standing ovation}
Robin Denning said... (8/12/10 5:06 PM) Reply
and, I should have said - it looks great on you! You've got the figure for it. I love it with the jeans.
Robin Denning said... (8/12/10 5:02 PM) Reply
Wow, thanks for taking the time to summarize the process. This is genius. You really did a fanatastic job and it's so helpful to learn of all the decisions along the way.
sugarduck said... (8/12/10 4:10 PM) Reply
Wow! I'm extremely impressed by both the final garment and the incredible dedication that this project surely demanded. Great job!

by: Lori V