Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2442 (Special Occasion)

Reviewed by:Lisa Laree

About Lisa Lareestarstarstarstar
AL USA
Posted on:8/14/10 10:55 PM

See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Formalwear
spookyginger said... (7/10/13 6:49 AM) Reply
THANK YOU for the comment about the straps. I've been struggling with them because like you said, you have to sew convex to concave and it's very counterintuitive. The retro style of the straps are what attracted me to the dress in the first place! I'm using it as a (gasp!) wedding dress and it has to be perfect so I'm glad this is just the muslin.
Lisa Laree said... (3/31/11 8:51 AM) Reply
DDSewingmama, I sent you a PM...don't know if I can help much or not...
DDsewingmama said... (3/30/11 11:51 AM) Reply
The dress is very pretty I have a question I am making the same dress but I'm having problems with the band under the arms it seems to want to come forward and look like wings!! If you could help that would be great!!
Lynn67 said... (1/14/11 7:38 PM) Reply
I think the dress is absolutely beautiful, despite the cheap fabric and the issues you mentioned (I'm a bit cheap myself). Glad all that work paid off - it really does look gorgeous.
AnitaJJ said... (8/17/10 11:40 AM) Reply
very pretty
jennikatten said... (8/16/10 7:50 PM) Reply
I have been wondering about this pattern. It looks great!
Kathy in NM said... (8/15/10 4:00 PM) Reply
This dress fits your daughter nicely - great color for her. It is funny how they one day decide mom can sew cool things, and would you mind changing this, oh, and this....... : ) She looks great in the dress and her "cinderella glass slippers" too!
RLL said... (8/15/10 1:21 PM) Reply
This does look lovely and is great on your dtr. Funny, are you sure we don't have the same dtr. You certainly described my dtrs wishes/reactions to a T!
whirrclunk said... (8/15/10 12:02 PM) Reply
Lovely! I would have raised the crossover too :) It looks fine with the cami. I can't spot any bulk in the CB. Very nice fit, I hope that it will get lots of wear!
sewbehind said... (8/15/10 10:38 AM) Reply
Your daughter looks great. Lovely dress, great review.
Mazzygirl said... (8/15/10 10:22 AM) Reply
that looks great, you should definitely make her another one as it looks really nice on her! great review too!
CarolynGM said... (8/15/10 10:21 AM) Reply
Excellent review. The dress looks wonderful on your daughter.
carolynw said... (8/15/10 9:46 AM) Reply
Lisa this looks terrific - all your good work sure paid off - it may be made from inexpensive fabric but it looks $$$$. Great review
becca a said... (8/15/10 9:03 AM) Reply
Both she and the dress are beautiful.
Rhonda Noah said... (8/15/10 8:52 AM) Reply
Pretty dress & yes your daughter has grown into a lovely young woman. Your review is excellent, does a great job at describing what to watch out for in construction. I like the change to a neck tie also. It makes a pretty bow in the back.
coolobreeze said... (8/15/10 8:14 AM) Reply
Pretty dress on your pretty daughter-- Your review is very thorough and helpful.
sewmytime said... (8/15/10 1:18 AM) Reply
very pretty dress!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (8/15/10 0:18 AM) Reply
Lovely dress, lovely daughter.

by: LM2HYD