Online Sewing Class: Understanding Sheer Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Other> Sew Serendipity Skirt (Three-Fabric Skirt)

Reviewed by:sewsunny37

About sewsunny37
Member since: 6/12/10
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:8/15/10 12:54 PM

FLFiFiLarue said... (8/27/10 7:15 PM) Reply
I think the ruffle looks just fine!I don't think I would have known that you didn't do it with a ruffler. Very Cute! I am in the process of making the skirt minus the ruffle! Great Pattern!
sewsunny37 said... (8/16/10 3:10 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for your kind comments! Carolinalu: I agree--I've ordered a ruffler for my machine too b/c I think otherwise the gathered ruffle makes the skirt look too mermaid-ish. Good luck with your skirts! I just made another one of the tailored skirt versions and love it (although the fabric is a bit see-through and I'll need to wear a slip). Also, the sizing runs big on these skirts, so you might want to choose the smaller size after you take your measurements. Best of luck and hope you'll post your skirt!
mhk3boys said... (8/16/10 11:59 AM) Reply
Very pretty! I love your ruffle!
Carolinalu said... (8/15/10 6:13 PM) Reply
Great job! I love the fabric you chose. I agree with you about the ruffle situation. I've only sewn one of the skirt options and ended up with the flared ruffle created from gathering threads. I much prefer the pleated version and plan on picking up a ruffler for my machine. I'm working on my muslin for another attempt at this skirt only for me this time.
marie elise said... (8/15/10 2:26 PM) Reply
I really love your skirt! The ruffles look great.
ryansmumAria said... (8/15/10 2:05 PM) Reply
absolutely adorable! What a great detail.

by: JuliN

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Jamie Christina Pretty Ditty Apron Pattern (JC303PD)

Sassy Bag Paper Pattern