Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 06-2010-139 (gathered t-shirt)

Reviewed by:Mary Nanna

About Mary Nannastarstar
NEW ZEALAND
Member since: 4/6/08
Posted on:8/15/10 11:08 PM

Mary Nanna said... (8/17/10 2:16 AM) Reply
snuzal - this is from the "normal" mag - in their plus size section.
ClaireEmily said... (8/16/10 6:50 PM) Reply
Very nice top. I love that fabric, beautiful colour. I think that neckline is perfect for a night out!
Karen6790 said... (8/16/10 12:45 PM) Reply
I"ve been thinking about making this one and wondering how much I would have to grade down to fit my standard BWOF 38 - sounds like not too much. The top looks great on you, thanks for the tip on adjusting the neck and now I'm going to have to go and make myself some homemade vilene bias tape because the difference is really amazing. Great areview.
poplin said... (8/16/10 10:35 AM) Reply
Yes... #5... and you look fab!
MNBarb said... (8/16/10 8:23 AM) Reply
I think you might be ready for "advanced" status. I really love the fabrics, patterns you choose and your finishing details result is such professional looking garments. The top looks great, inside and out and on.
tallygirl said... (8/16/10 5:20 AM) Reply
just picked up my copy from Borders today, and thought this top was a great style. Love the vilene tip, I bought a pack of this product a month ago but the price was prohibitive so I'll definitely be making my own.
QuiltSewSewSue said... (8/16/10 2:51 AM) Reply
Cute top!
snuzal said... (8/16/10 0:05 AM) Reply
Love it love it love it! Will have to go get that Burda issue this week. Is it the plus size mag, or the normal mag with the plus size section? The rouching really looks great, it's such a flattering looking top.
dingyadi said... (8/15/10 11:40 PM) Reply
That is very cute! Thanks for the review - I've been eyeing that pattern and your tips will be really helpful.
Amy-may said... (8/15/10 11:25 PM) Reply
Very RTW styling, quite flattering! Thanks for the home made Vilene tip, I always wonder how to substitute.

by: Jonni Ange...