Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2344 (Misses' & Plus Size Sportswear)

Reviewed by:DonnaC

About DonnaCstar
RI USA
Member since: 9/14/06
Posted on:8/17/10 11:08 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Coordinates    Vests    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Plus    Skirts

Sweater knit fabrics

NevadaGrace said... (8/9/13 1:57 PM) Reply
You answered my question: whether it was mumu-like or not. So many blouses that are gathered at the top have too much gathering. This one happily is perfect! I laughed when you spoke of your $2/yard fabric. I call this the "nonmuslin muslin" or a "wearable muslin". And I tell you what, I would have never guessed that was "sales table" fabric. I have the pattern and am going to make one this weekend! Thanks for the inspiration!
Maryna said... (5/30/11 9:11 AM) Reply
Beautiful top. I also enjoy the Khaliah Ali designs.
iSewQuiltArt said... (12/5/10 3:21 AM) Reply
Great top, I'm about to sew this so was happy to find your review. I'm going to make it in a slub rayon knit and love the look of the neckline and sleeve gathering, as its very feminine.
eemaw said... (9/9/10 7:51 PM) Reply
I love the fabric! It looks great! Amazing price. I'll have to check my local Walmart again. I have this pattern in my stash and haven't gotten around to sewing it, but I will get it out and look at it as my next project. Thanks for the review.
moushka said... (8/23/10 9:22 AM) Reply
Super top! How exciting to be able to cut out a pattern with so few adjustments. I can see I'll have to give this pattern a try. It looks great on you.
Marie-Claude said... (8/23/10 1:20 AM) Reply
Great looking top!
AdaH said... (8/21/10 1:14 AM) Reply
I noticed the neckline also. Really liked the way it fit. I have the pattern and will have to move it up on the to-do list.
LauraJ said... (8/19/10 10:12 AM) Reply
Your top looks great. I've been considering this pattern and may have to take a closer look. I have several other of her patterns and I will have to stop sitting on the fence!
DonnaC said... (8/18/10 10:55 PM) Reply
o3b, I usually do cut a 22 in the shoulders. But, I think the Ali patterns are just better designed than many others, and that's why the shoulders fit more snugly. Hope that makes sense! Put another way, most patterns for plus sizes seem to have hanging, square shoulders that come halfway down my arm. The shoulders on this garment actually fit more like a tailored shirt style. Like I said, they are actually comfortable, but I'm so used to wearing drop shoulder styles, this might take a little getting used to!
o3b said... (8/18/10 4:31 PM) Reply
Do you normally cut a 22 in Simplicity patterns and think this one runs smaller than usual? I cut essentially the same size as you - I usually cut a 22 through the shoulders and add an FBA so it runs closer to a 24 along the side seams. I'm wondering if I, too, should start with a 24 through the shoulders.
Tall Mary said... (8/18/10 4:29 PM) Reply
I have that pattern and am so glad that you thoroughly reviewed it. I am quite a bit taller than you but about the same pattern size. Now I need to start sewing this one.
gatorgirl4325 said... (8/18/10 2:56 PM) Reply
You look great in your top! Look forward to seeing more reviews from you.
Woolygal said... (8/18/10 7:43 AM) Reply
If that sleeve is comfortable,keep it. It's very flattering.
4u2cme said... (8/18/10 0:10 AM) Reply
I love your colors. Cute top. I have this pattern in my stash and plan to make several of the pieces.

StyleArc Dianne Skivvy