Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5283 (Asymmetric Twist Top)

Reviewed by:nicegirl

About nicegirlstarstarstarstar
DC USA
Member since: 5/10/06
Posted on:8/19/10 9:50 AM
Last Updated:3/18/11 11:45 AM

LynneMR said... (4/1/11 7:26 PM) Reply
Great review and such pretty tops. I have a "thing" about twist tops - love them - and the asymmetric twist on the twist is very nice. Love the colours too.
JillyBe said... (3/19/11 12:45 PM) Reply
Just how stylish can you get for a biking top?! Fabulous! Love the color on you, love the pattern - great review! And btw, I think the sleeve shape is perfect on your body as is - it really balances you out nicely. Darn....another pattern I want!
mad stash said... (3/18/11 8:02 PM) Reply
This is why I love PR: All the creative problem solving that goes on here. What a great idea to use technical fabric to make a stylish pattern into a bike shirt! I actually think it would add to your safety on the biking tour to wear something to increase your visibility to cars. So go ahead and make the shirts as wild as you REALLY want. :D
FreyaStark said... (3/18/11 7:39 PM) Reply
A really cute top. That blue is wonderful, and very similar to a shade called Gitane bleu (after the cigarettes) that was fashionable in the winter of 1979.
Taggo said... (3/18/11 7:04 PM) Reply
I am about to sew this pattern and found your review extremely helpful - so glad I read it before attempting the top
SewWil said... (3/18/11 5:51 PM) Reply
Very cute tops! Super stylish cycling top.
Terri A said... (3/18/11 4:38 PM) Reply
This really really looks great on you!!!! LOVE it!
cleverkitty said... (3/18/11 2:06 PM) Reply
these look so nice on you, enjoy your biking adventure in style.
cactusflower said... (1/7/11 12:08 PM) Reply
Great job! I have this pattern and checked out the reviews to give me a heads-up on potential problems. Thanks for giving your instructions; this will help me out a great deal when I make it.
AnneCarol said... (11/14/10 8:11 PM) Reply
Thanks, your whole review is very helpful and your tops look great. I'm part-way through making a toile of this pattern. Should have searched Pattern Review before I started:-)
Gordita1616 said... (8/31/10 9:30 PM) Reply
Yes, thank you for the alternate method. Great tops!
FreyaStark said... (8/19/10 5:50 PM) Reply
Two cute tops!
michellep74 said... (8/19/10 4:33 PM) Reply
Very cute--I like both versions. Thanks for the info on the alternate construction method.
snuzal said... (8/19/10 4:32 PM) Reply
These look great on you. I love the blue version the most. The twist looks fab, might get the pattern and try your method of finishing!
mochimo said... (8/19/10 2:26 PM) Reply
Beautiful tops! They look so much better than in the envelope drawings. And that means that I'll have to add another item to my wish list... :-)
squirrellypoo said... (8/19/10 12:20 PM) Reply
Very cute! And the alternative finishing method sounds much more sane...
poplin said... (8/19/10 12:12 PM) Reply
Wow!
dingyadi said... (8/19/10 11:53 AM) Reply
They look great! Both look terrific on you, and yes, very au courant! I have this pattern but haven't tried it because of the double layer thing. Your tips will be really helpful!
Mufffet said... (8/19/10 11:16 AM) Reply
Nice tops...:) Twist thing does an an interesting touch and is so stylish!
marec said... (8/19/10 10:41 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for the alternate method. What a cute top on you!!

Other Gertie's Keyhole Blouse