Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2010-104 (Shirred top)

Reviewed by:RoseFromThule

About RoseFromThulestar
FRANCE
Member since: 3/3/10
Posted on:8/21/10 3:39 PM
Last Updated:8/21/10 3:41 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
allycovey said... (11/19/10 2:47 PM) Reply
I made this top also with a really light weight organy linen. It is one of my favorite summer tops. yours looks great by the way and I was interested in your shirring style
allycovey said... (11/19/10 2:47 PM) Reply
Amy-may said... (8/23/10 8:46 PM) Reply
I keep talking myself out of this pattern, but I think you've talked me back into liking it!
MNBarb said... (8/22/10 10:33 PM) Reply
You did a beautiful job on this top. It looks great on you. I also am serger-less but have found a 3-step zig zag on my sewing machine that does a pretty nice job on seam finishing.
barbcl said... (8/22/10 8:53 PM) Reply
So cute and such precise sewing. Bravo!
21wale said... (8/22/10 6:32 PM) Reply
What a lovely top! Nice job on the shirring.
RoseFromThule said... (8/22/10 11:26 AM) Reply
Thank you all :) I'm not the best person to provide information about fashion - I don't really care. But I can tell what I see on other women :)
harmony758 said... (8/22/10 9:58 AM) Reply
Your shirt is lovely! Good job!
ChristmasHills said... (8/22/10 0:42 AM) Reply
Hi Rose. I really like your top. I think it would be still current in Australia but then I am probably not very fashionable! Good job.
newmama said... (8/21/10 8:33 PM) Reply
I love your top. It is very much my taste, so I think I will have to have a go at my first Burda pattern!
ChristinePDX said... (8/21/10 8:15 PM) Reply
Much nicer than the magazine photo. I guess you are right, this is not as trendy a style as it once was, but it is still super cute and timeless in white. Please consider creating a thread on what is current in France. I am always dying to know.
eugenia123 said... (8/21/10 5:39 PM) Reply
Really pretty top - your shirring technique looks perfect! I have never tried shirring but you have inspired me to give it a go.
Amanda S. said... (8/21/10 4:23 PM) Reply
Very cute top with very precise shirring! I wasn't thrilled with the magazine picture of this. Maybe it was the beach cover-up thing. However, I'll definitely have to take a second look at it. Great job!

Understanding Wool Fabrics