Pattern Reviews> Other> Serendipity Studio (Sylvia Sling Bag)

Reviewed by:dukaqwn

About dukaqwn
MS USA
Member since: 2/12/09
Posted on:8/22/10 5:49 PM
Last Updated:8/25/10 11:02 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
marec said... (8/25/10 5:22 PM) Reply
Thanks for the really helpful review. It's a cute hobo bag and I appreciate you alerting us to possible annoyances. I love the prints you used!
dukaqwn said... (8/23/10 2:54 PM) Reply
JD - I know the thickness is something else. At first I thought I may have killed my Morse after the project because it was making a loud hum. But fortunately, I realized I needed to tighten the belt, which stopped the hum.
dukaqwn said... (8/23/10 2:50 PM) Reply
RhondaK: I apologize about the picture mess ups. I am not sure what happened but will try to fix when I get to my home computer again. Thanks for the notice.
JDpenelope said... (8/23/10 9:22 AM) Reply
Nice review. It bothers me when a pattern doesn't consider the many thick layers that must be sewn through if you follow instructions to a T -- For most home sewers, large thicknesses will be a big problem. I have also learned not to sew through the Peltex, but to remove it from the seam allowances. This helps, but sometimes it is not enough.
Rhoda K said... (8/23/10 9:21 AM) Reply
Your bag looks nice in the photo, but I click on the photo, it looks like you're showing the inside of the bag. Also the link to your swing bag isn't working properly. Sorry.

Understanding Interfacings