Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6735 (Misses Knit Cardigan Tops Pant)

Reviewed by:Mazzygirl

About Mazzygirlstarstarstar
Member since: 4/28/10

Best Patterns of 2008
Posted on:8/28/10 2:45 AM
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants    Skirts

Other Projects by Mazzygirl using this Pattern

Lucy in Virginia said... (9/1/10 12:31 PM) Reply
Nice tee! When my machine loves my fabric as much as me, I use tear away stabilizer--the kind that dissolves when it gets wet (Sulky is one brand). On the bottom, top, or both, depending on the fabric. I don't normally use (news)paper, but this will also work, especially with very light fabrics.
Mazzygirl said... (8/29/10 5:11 PM) Reply
Nan kay, I bought the elastic trim online thru Ebay (I get most of my sewing stuff online these days). our local sewing stores don't seem to stock much in the way of interesting stuff anymore so am forced to go elsewhere if I want something a bit less mainstream. Even the rivets for my jeans I had to buy online!
grey ann said... (8/29/10 3:24 PM) Reply
Perhaps a straight stitch plate and foot might have helped also. Love the way the satin elastic binding turned out - looks very professional. I know you are 'down under' so I won't be shopping near you! Did you buy the elastic locally or online? Thanks.
Mazzygirl said... (8/28/10 10:54 PM) Reply
Nan Kay, the sequins didn't give me any grief at all - I stitched over them with no probs. it was the fine fabric that my machine thought was tasty, probably should have changed to a lighter needle, but didn't & paid the price with the added aggravation!
CypGrl said... (8/28/10 9:25 AM) Reply
I have made several tops from this and no wonder it was a favorite pattern in 2008. It is timeless. Nice job!
sew2006 said... (8/28/10 9:09 AM) Reply
Oh, I like it and now I want. That's a great looking top.
MNBarb said... (8/28/10 9:02 AM) Reply
Lucky sister.
Nan Kay said... (8/28/10 9:01 AM) Reply
turned out really nice, could you stitch through the sequins or did you have to take them out of the seam lines?
Sew4Fun said... (8/28/10 4:00 AM) Reply
Nice tee. I had a very similar fabric a couple of years ago but mine wasn't poly.

by: Sheila457