Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6190 (skirt)

Viewed 1910 times

See other patterns in this category: Pants    Skirts

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

sewywabbit said... (5/29/04 2:15 PM) Reply
LOL Candyo, especially funny since she IS a Catholic schoolgirl!
candyo said... (5/28/04 8:44 PM) Reply
Great skirt! Yes, I'd watch out for the guys when she's wearing this- for some reason they really go bezerk over the 'catholic schoolgirl' look.
Danvillegirl said... (5/27/04 7:40 PM) Reply
Cute. Like the waistband treatment
Debbie Cook said... (5/27/04 4:41 PM) Reply
Cute skirt!! Oh to be 18 again and able to wear a short PLAID skirt. NOT!! I really like the trim and bias waist. Nice extras! Harriet, I don't think I could sew without my glue!!
Harriet Rogers said... (5/27/04 3:10 PM) Reply
Thank for help with this. I'll let you know in some future review if I'm successful with your method. Sounds easy, but glue scares me.
sewywabbit said... (5/27/04 3:04 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone for all the nice comments. Harriet, I pressed the seam allowance of the front flap toward the front rather than the back, trimmed it to 1/4" and glue basted ribbon with dots of a product called Roxanne's Glue Baste. I mitered the corner, and stitched in the well right next to the edge of the ribbon on both sides of the ribbon. Needed to do this in daylight as my eyes are starting to go and picking stitches out of the ribbon would not have been fun. Then I just continued construction as normal.
jen_e said... (5/27/04 2:27 PM) Reply
Wow, I really like that fabric! Love the ribbon too. Beautiful job!
Harriet Rogers said... (5/27/04 8:37 AM) Reply
This is adorable, and your daughter will soon find out that guys heads will be turning when she wears this. I have one question. When you say you stitched the grosgrain ribbon to the front, how did you do it? Does it turn over to the otherside like a binding or did you just attach to the front. Either way, how is it finished: stitch in the ditch? or sewn how far away from edge? I'd love to use this treatment on a skirt I'm making. Thanks, and tell your daughter I think she has a "winner" for a Mom!
cindyann said... (5/27/04 7:12 AM) Reply
CUTE! I'm sure your daughter will wear it often.
Katy M said... (5/26/04 9:07 PM) Reply
I love this pattern, I've made the wrap skirt and the pants, and both fit me perfectly with no alterations! Let me know how the pleated skirt turns out because I'd like to make that one too!
Jennifer shaw said... (5/26/04 8:14 PM) Reply
The skirt is so adorable! DD is very lucky to have a fashion savvy and creative mom.
Levone said... (5/26/04 6:08 PM) Reply
Your skirt is very cute. The black trimming addition gives it that "extra" something.
Meredith P said... (5/26/04 6:08 PM) Reply
This is so cute! I can just picture this on a teenager. Love the kilt comment!

by: Artemisia ...