Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Folkwear> 112 (Japanese Field Clothing)

Reviewed by:Bushbunny

About Bushbunnystar
Member since: 6/26/10
Posted on:8/30/10 5:29 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Leda2 said... (12/10/10 4:32 AM) Reply
Just beautiful!!!!
carolynw said... (8/31/10 9:33 AM) Reply
Very nice - must check out their line of patterns
marthamyers said... (8/30/10 8:24 PM) Reply
I love your hipari. Have you made the pants yet? I also love the fabric and color you chose - very Asian. You are right about Folkwear. I've made the hipari and the nepali blouse but I have 4 of their patterns that I haven't tried yet. Your review has inspired me to get going with them. I think their patterns are worth buying even if you never make something with them. The background information provided is like a little magazine article, and the art of the cover of each is frame-able. Thanks for your review!
blue mooney said... (8/30/10 6:26 PM) Reply
That is a nice-looking jacket. I've been thinking about Folkwear lately - glad to see your review!
dbsewer said... (8/30/10 6:21 PM) Reply
I love Folkwear, too. I've made the Intimacies slip several times, the Missouri River Boatman's shirt twice and the potholders and apron from the home accessories pattern. Also, my sister still wears her nightcap from the Victorian Home pattern. You're right, they're overlooked but they are truly versitile and fun to make, with great period details included. Lovely jacket.

by: penelopey4