Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7812 (Jacket)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:8/31/10 11:09 PM

See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
JillyBe said... (1/4/11 6:51 PM) Reply
You think this looks like the pattern? I guess...except that yours is about 700X better looking! I would never envision something so beautiful from that pattern pic! LOVE the buttonholes too!
sfshaza said... (9/9/10 0:58 AM) Reply
Annette, this jacket looks great! Another chic piece and I really love the diagonal buttonholes.
Mahogany Stylist said... (9/8/10 11:04 AM) Reply
Outstanding jacket and great review. The contrasting details are beautifully done. You can make a jacket for me anytime. ;-)
JETrinity said... (9/7/10 2:28 PM) Reply
My mouth dropped down when I looked at all your pictures. I am awestruck with the beauty of it. Your buttons and buttonholes are so cute. I think all the ladies above me would love to see this go at an auction and I would out bid them all to have it.
Heatherrique said... (9/6/10 3:57 PM) Reply
What a looker of a jacket, Annette! Your version is much more enticing than Burda's.
Rhonda in Montreal said... (9/2/10 11:40 PM) Reply
;) <3
sewtime said... (9/2/10 8:56 PM) Reply
Annette, I love your jacket, and very pretty hair! :)
Jolet said... (9/2/10 4:16 PM) Reply
Lovely fabric, great result!! Something really special!
sew2little said... (9/1/10 10:00 PM) Reply
Well, I have nothing original to say, but I will repeat: I love those diagonal buttonholes and your hair is very chic! But then, you probably looked chic bald!
Annette1 said... (9/1/10 8:12 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! Ha -- Daisy, "cocker spaniel shoulders" is my mom's term for narrow, sloping (virtually non-existent) shoulders. Both she and I have them. :o)
DaisyEsq said... (9/1/10 7:34 PM) Reply
What do I love about your jacket? Everything! The fit, the fabric, the slanted buttonholes... You eyeballed your pattern grading; you have great eyeballs. What are cocker spaniel shoulders? Your hair is looking great and very youthful you know.
Grammy Gin said... (9/1/10 7:24 PM) Reply
Great jacket & review as usual I love it on you! & all the special details everyone commented on. Your hair looks great, too!!!
janet said... (9/1/10 7:23 PM) Reply
You are one inspirational lady! What a cutey patootie you are with your new do!! Your DESIGNER jacket is absolutely fabulous. Love your diagonal buttonholes, perfect fit and luscious fabric. TRES ELEGANTE!
Jane S said... (9/1/10 5:16 PM) Reply
Fantastic jacket. I love so many things about it...the diagonal buttonholes you added, the perfect extra length, the wonderful red serger thread, fabric contrast. You made wonderful design decisions, nothing cute, just chic. This is one special garment from a very special person.
gatorgirl4325 said... (9/1/10 4:07 PM) Reply
You look absolutely fabulous in that jacket - hair and all! I always love reading your reviews.
Sweetiebop said... (9/1/10 3:41 PM) Reply
So glad your hair is growing back. It's going to be as thick and beautiful as ever just watch. Oh Annette you look soooo cool in this jacket. I just love it.
fuzzygalore said... (9/1/10 2:57 PM) Reply
Oooooh! Ahhh! Love the diagonal buttonholes too :-)..
Barbara V said... (9/1/10 1:33 PM) Reply
Annette, Your jacket is gorgeous and what a creative use of fabric with contrasting surface color and design. I noticed too what a terrific pattern you chose with the well designed seam locations for easier fitting...and you achieved a perfect fit on yours. All details are lovely. I'm with the others too - you look great and I love your hair!
Mahler said... (9/1/10 1:29 PM) Reply
Meggie, Annnette, votre français m'impressionne ! LOL
Mahler said... (9/1/10 1:28 PM) Reply
Lovely my dear, lovely... and so elegant. Nice details.
Karendee said... (9/1/10 11:52 AM) Reply
What can I say? Everyone has said better than ever just how beautiful and gorgeous you look. Your jacket is full of details, elevating it to a TDF garment! The pattern, fabric, original details, workmanship--not to forget your looks, combine to make a real winner. The Jacket Queen reigns!!!
eugenia123 said... (9/1/10 11:34 AM) Reply
I can't believe that you have made this super-fabulous jacket from that pattern - your interpretation of it is so unexpectedly chic and sophisticated. I love all those beautiful details - the way you have used both sides of the fabric, the slanted buttonholes and the covered buttons all make this jacket look like a designer style costing $$$. You are looking GOOD!!!!
Catbird said... (9/1/10 9:59 AM) Reply
I'll throw in my deux pence (?) even though I'll just be repeating what everyone else has said -- I love it!! This could easily have been a treasured purchase from a boutique -- it looks professional, polished and super-chic. The details really make a design impact. It's brilliant, and your hair, Elvis darling, is looking lush and oh so elegant! :-))
KathySews said... (9/1/10 9:50 AM) Reply
Annette - it is so good to have you back. I noticed the hair right away. Looking good. Your reviews are a sewing/construction lesson. Another great jacket. And I love the diagonal buttonholes.
Riesie said... (9/1/10 9:22 AM) Reply
The jacket is cute, but the hair is cuter! So glad to see you looking so healthy. If you get tired of the Elvis look, you could go for the Billy Idol look and dye it blonde!
Nan Kay said... (9/1/10 8:50 AM) Reply
really, really sharp, this looks so designer original and not in the least cutesy! My kids always said cute was a four letter word and they weren't allowed to swear!
Ciclista said... (9/1/10 8:46 AM) Reply
Stunning jacket and fabulous review. Thank you!!!
marjenann said... (9/1/10 8:25 AM) Reply
Spectacular jacket! And the details are to die for!! Another designer original.
HeyJane said... (9/1/10 8:09 AM) Reply
That jacket is perfect, especially the buttons and buttonholes. The hair looks great!
MNBarb said... (9/1/10 7:33 AM) Reply
Great reveiw (as always). I'm drooling over the fabric. I'm just getting ready to make a jacket and can't find fabric that has some texture to avoid the lab-coat look. I SO agree with you about cutesy and it can happen when you aren't looking with home sewing. The jacket is great and you look wonderful. I don't call the hair Elvis-like but would describe it as having body.
FreyaStark said... (9/1/10 6:47 AM) Reply
A very snazzy jacket. Your hair looks great, too.
Rebecca D said... (9/1/10 6:45 AM) Reply
Great jacket, great review, love the hair. It was the first thing I noticed in your picture.
Peggy L said... (9/1/10 5:55 AM) Reply
Ditto! Another winner - I also love the diagonal buttonholes and red serger thread. You are looking great.
moushka said... (9/1/10 4:57 AM) Reply
Love the jacket, Annette, and your hair. You are looking so beautiful! The contrasting serger thread was a great idea, ditto the interfacing along the sleeve seam. Terrific review, as always.
Fluffy bunny said... (9/1/10 3:09 AM) Reply
This is one amazing jacket! I love the contrast and the diagonal buttonholes. Lastly, you look nothing like Elvis...the hair is great and there's not a white rhinestone suit in sight (unless you intend making one)!
Sigrid. said... (9/1/10 2:24 AM) Reply
What a terrific jacket. Love the diagonal buttonholes. Great use of a beautiful fabric too. You look great!
Annette1 said... (9/1/10 0:36 AM) Reply
Bon, Meggie, j'ai dû sortir mon Google dictionnaire pour lire vos commentaires. : O)) Je parie que même Claire-bébé n'a pas besoin de Google. Attendez jusqu'à ce que Anne-Marie nous écoute. Elle sera tellement impressionné! (Eh bien, quand-même.)
Meggie LuLu said... (9/1/10 0:24 AM) Reply
Annette, ceci est magnifique ! Je l'aime juste ! La couleur, le tissu, tout ! Il est si joli ! Et vos cheveux !
Mary Nanna said... (9/1/10 0:11 AM) Reply
Great jacket - you've inspired me to give it a crack - the sleeve detail is fabulous.
carolynw said... (8/31/10 11:41 PM) Reply
Annette you have completely blown me away with this jacket - what can I say besides I LOVE it and now I know exactly what to do with a piece of fabric in my stash that has two usable sides Ha!! Your hair looks lovely - not Elvis lovely - just modern lovely!! Terrific and very helpful review as always
Christas said... (8/31/10 11:25 PM) Reply
Annette, this is one very pretty jacket! Contrast cuffs/collar and buttonholes on the diagonal really add some very nice style elements. The jacket fits you beautifully - would we expect any less?! Terrific review as always! And....... your hair looks much prettier than Elvis'!
Terri A said... (8/31/10 11:25 PM) Reply
As usual - amazing detailed review! The diagonal buttonholes are so intriguing too.

Sewing Workshop Zona Jacket Pattern