Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5106 (Bolero Jacket)

Viewed 1910 times
Reviewed by:sewsue

About sewsuestar
Member since: 4/10/04
Posted on:5/30/04 5:03 AM
Last Updated:7/4/04 4:54 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Other Projects by sewsue using this Pattern

10Ksteps said... (5/27/05 8:53 PM) Reply
Wow, what a good recovery for an inadvertent mistake. The title Bolero jacket was not what I anticipated when I saw the pattern.
sewsue said... (7/5/04 0:43 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the compliments, you're all too kind. The whole project has changed the look and style of the jacket I know, and I'm not sure what Loes would have to say about the elegance of the finished project. I will do a review of the Shawl neck jacket soon, along with some other garments I enjoyed making. Isn't that the key to our success as sewists! (the enjoyment of what we do I mean!)
Debbie Cook said... (7/4/04 1:41 PM) Reply
Wonderful save and beautiful jacket! Definitely an inspirational review -- reinforces that there's always a solution! Welcome to PR -- I look forward to more reviews from you.
Jennifer West said... (7/4/04 12:58 PM) Reply
Nice jacket. This is one I'd like to try. Good thinking to save this project!
PVA said... (7/4/04 10:30 AM) Reply
Well, I certainly ditto what all the others have said! I hope you will show us the second one with a shawl collar. I'd love to see it. Welcome to PR and let us see your work often. Thank you for this review!
Sew it seams said... (7/4/04 10:18 AM) Reply
Great review and what a great save. This is one of those things that I would have left unfinished for a loooong time. I love your 'stick-to it-tiveness'! Your jacket turned out just as if you had planned it that way. Very nice.
alicia said... (7/4/04 9:13 AM) Reply
Sometimes walking away is the only way to salvage all your work. It looks great!
D1Diva said... (7/4/04 8:35 AM) Reply
I agree with the others. Great fabric and great save! Can't wait to see the other patterns as you make them up!
JDpenelope said... (7/4/04 8:10 AM) Reply
Excellent save--it would have been a shame to waste the beautiful fabric. Well worth the extra effort!
Hilary said... (7/4/04 7:19 AM) Reply
What a pretty jacket, sewsue! I like the fabric you chose. I noticed the lower band right away, but it never occured to me that it was there because of a mistake- it looks great, and intentional. Great job! Welcome to PR, and we will all enjoy seeing your future reviews!

by: mnitts