Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2010-102 (102)

Reviewed by:Izzie

About Izziestarstar
TN United States
Member since: 6/28/03
Posted on:9/4/10 6:22 PM
Last Updated:9/4/10 6:38 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people

threadandthumb said... (1/17/12 12:42 PM) Reply
Thanks for posting this! I didn't like the sheen of some dupioni I bought and threw it in the wash - one wash didn't tone it enough, but now that I see it can withstand more washings then throwing it in the washer again will not be so scary. I bet that blouse is comfy after conditioning the fabric!
JillyBe said... (6/19/11 3:01 PM) Reply
That's the 'slouch blouse', isn't it? Great use of dupioni - I hadn't considered it for this shirt. And fabulous info on the distressing as well!
KatieA said... (6/13/11 10:25 AM) Reply
I was just searching for tops to make with some silk dupioni I will NEVER make the bust part of a strapless dress.. came across this - technique looks fabulous, thanks!
mylittleelephant said... (9/6/10 6:31 PM) Reply
Very very cool! Thanks a lot for a link about distressing silk, I would love to try one.
michellep74 said... (9/5/10 1:56 PM) Reply
Very stylish blouse! Thanks for your review--I liked this blouse in the magazine but never thought that it would work on my figure...but after seeing how great yours is, I think it might work for me with a drapey enough fabric. Love what you did to your fabric, too!
Danvillegirl said... (9/5/10 11:04 AM) Reply
Nice top and cool distressed silk
Lizz said... (9/5/10 11:01 AM) Reply
I have just finished two versions of this blouse and love both of them. The boxy styling is great for my hippy frame. I added 4" slits at the side seams and shortened the sleeves and was very happy - reviews to follow after vacation.
lakaribane said... (9/5/10 8:33 AM) Reply
I love your fabric and you are right: it's boxy but flattering in an inexplicable way. I may have to make one for my mother.
RLL said... (9/4/10 8:16 PM) Reply
I LOVE this and the distressed silk too.
corinne kelly said... (9/4/10 6:31 PM) Reply
Love this on you and how the fabric turned out! Now I know what you've been up to...

by: Laurasews