Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6871 (Misses Pullover Top or Tunic)

Reviewed by:Sewing in the Wind

About Sewing in the Windstar
DC USA
Member since: 3/31/10
Posted on:9/28/10 7:30 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 10 people
Jaloma said... (5/7/12 2:43 PM) Reply
Wow I love what you've done with the pleat! Looks like really classy RTW and I'd try this on if it was on the rail. I'll be making it out of a jersey so should have easier time doing gathers. Great review, thanks. Have you worn the top much?
grey nomad said... (10/19/11 3:04 AM) Reply
The way you have made this top (even if in frustration), looks so classy compared to the envelope display. Just love it!
LJane said... (10/16/10 9:44 AM) Reply
I really like this! Love how you cut the yoke and band on the cross grain.
JETrinity said... (10/8/10 3:57 PM) Reply
Never liked the pattern with the fabric used on the envelope. It looked like a top you would wear to clean the house. But your version made an elegant classic regal top. But your outfit on the envelope and I would buy the pattern.
JillyBe said... (9/30/10 4:24 PM) Reply
Love love LOVE your top!! Your version of the top, not the pattern! Seriously, I would pass right by this pattern, but your pic drew me right into your review, and now the pattern is on my list. The cross grain, the pleat, the fabric....really, if it's just not your style, you can send it right off to me! ;-D
21wale said... (9/29/10 9:41 PM) Reply
This is a wonderful top. I can understand your frustration with the fabric, but the end product really turned out nice.
Knitters Delight said... (9/29/10 5:53 PM) Reply
Your rendition of this pattern is incredible. I thought it was from BWOF. Love your choice of fabric for this one, too.
moss said... (9/29/10 9:39 AM) Reply
That looks really good! I could imagine some piping betweeen the yoke and the body, also.
birdmcfarland said... (9/29/10 8:43 AM) Reply
I really like the pleat and the fabric. It looks fabulous.
renren said... (9/29/10 0:21 AM) Reply
I have to say there is nothing about this pattern that would catch my eye, but your top, oh, my goodness! It's perfect and if I saw it at the store I would have to try it on and hope, hope, hope it would fit because I love it. What an inspiration to change the gathering to a pleat and to use the pinstripe linen fabric!
mary in FL said... (9/28/10 9:42 PM) Reply
I love what you did with the stripes!
AuntieShel said... (9/28/10 8:46 PM) Reply
LOVE your top!! Very well done and I love how you cut the yoke on the cross grain. Love the pleat, too!!
MNBarb said... (9/28/10 8:15 PM) Reply
I like your version. It will allow me to make this pattern again, but different. I also think it's really easy to have this pattern look too "quilt-y" but your fabric puts a nice spin on the top. Thanks.
marec said... (9/28/10 7:58 PM) Reply
The pleat looks wonderful-I love the crisp look of the pleats paired with the pin striped linen.

BurdaStyle Magazine 09-2007-117