Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5502 (Bias Cut Tee)

Reviewed by:Noile

About Noilestarstar
Member since: 7/3/04
Posted on:9/9/10 8:11 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

NJcowgirl said... (9/13/12 10:22 AM) Reply
Your stripe matching is perfect and I think it looks great on you and is flattering.
fuzzygalore said... (9/11/10 4:45 AM) Reply
I think it's very flattering. And not just because I'm a geek too :-).
1SewSweet said... (9/10/10 5:48 PM) Reply
I love your top!! I have this pattern and have made the version with the ruffle in the front, many, many times but never this version. I will have to now! I think it really looks very nice on you!!
FLFiFiLarue said... (9/10/10 11:22 AM) Reply
I think the top is very flattering! We are always so critical of ourselves. I think however I would have lost my mind over matching those Great Great Job! May have to make this top. Thank you for the review!
Diane333 said... (9/10/10 7:57 AM) Reply
Love the top and also like the idea Morisot had.
MareeAlison said... (9/10/10 3:34 AM) Reply
I think you look incredibly slim in this top. It's really stylish. I know people never see themselves as others do, but I promise you, you've got nothing to worry about.
sfshaza said... (9/10/10 3:27 AM) Reply
I love this on you. I don't think you look like a linebacker at all. :) But it does make me wonder if it might not be the best way to wear stripes for my bustline.
Ann Smith said... (9/10/10 1:40 AM) Reply
I like it. The stripe matching is perfection and that's just how those kind of sleeves look. I like it.
carolynw said... (9/9/10 4:33 PM) Reply
Lovely top - truly am not sure why you think it's not flattering - IMHO it looks great on you!!
Nessa09 said... (9/9/10 3:45 PM) Reply
This is a very flattering top!
RLL said... (9/9/10 11:50 AM) Reply
Expert matching of the stripes. Kudos!! I have had this pattern for years with that top in mind but keep pushing it away, thinking what if I didn't like how it looked on me after the painstaking time to match the stripes. As I am a good deal wider than you, it may be a good thing that I have continued to push it away! I absolutely love yours tho.
DorothyK said... (9/9/10 11:36 AM) Reply
This is a nice pattern. You win the prize for matching stripes. I wonder if there would be a better "slimming" effect if the stripes went the other way, ie, down from the center seam instead of up. You mentioned on your blog not remembering where you heard of using wooly nylon in the bobbin. I know I heard that from Sandra Betzina. Thanks for reminding me about it.
marie elise said... (9/9/10 10:20 AM) Reply
Your top looks amazing! I love what you did with the stripes.
Morisot said... (9/9/10 9:21 AM) Reply
You did a nice job with the top. And I loved your remark about pattern sizing! (I want custom patterns--where you go into your local fabric store, clip on a couple of dozen sensors, the computer "reads" them, and then they print out the pattern for you.)

BurdaStyle Magazine 12-2013-103