Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> Surplice Coat (Duster)

Reviewed by:MaryBeth

About MaryBethstarstarstar
USA
Member since: 1/1/03
Posted on:5/31/04 12:38 PM
Last Updated:5/31/04 5:44 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
SouthernStitch said... (6/8/04 12:21 PM) Reply
I really like this - I've been wanting a duster and yours is very pretty. I don't think it looks like a bathrobe, either.
JDpenelope said... (6/5/04 7:59 AM) Reply
MaryBeth, All your technical skills came to bear on this project! So interesting to read your details about using this software. The antique pin and omitting the belt no doubt help this jacket look like outerwear and not a robe. Nice learning experience, even if you were a little disappointed.
MaryBeth said... (6/1/04 2:28 PM) Reply
I imagine you that are really wanting this and maybe the programs for the kids and DH, too. I read on the chat that many people have found it works well for them using the PC emulator so maybe the problem lies in the capacity of the Mac being used...I'm not a Mac user so can't help. Does the Wild Ginger 800# work for Canada calls? Best place to start with any Mac inquiry....or email to support
Tessa said... (6/1/04 12:17 PM) Reply
Thanks MaryBeth. You do realise that with every PMB review you post I want this software more! If they had a version for Mac, I'd have it by now. My husband points out we could get a PC emulator to run it, but I've heard that doesn't work well. Sigh.
Danvillegirl said... (5/31/04 6:53 PM) Reply
Very creative. I would not have thought of using the knit that way. I definitely need to learn to think outside of the box when it comes to sewing. I just draft a top and dress with PMB3 using the armsye dart. I think it looks odd also but I know that it will look well when complete. Burda uses these darts in a few tops and dresses also.
MaryBeth said... (5/31/04 5:40 PM) Reply
Sure Tessa: I've added a link to one of the armscye dart tops pattern piece at the beginning of the 4th paragraph
Tessa said... (5/31/04 3:32 PM) Reply
I like this! Any chance you could post a picture of the pattern piece with the armscye dart? I'm curious about how that works.
CarolynGM said... (5/31/04 3:07 PM) Reply
Sounds like you're having a lot of fun with that software, Mary Beth. I remember buying patterns with armscye darts a long time ago, but I haven't seen any in many years. I guess you have to draft them yourself if you want them.

by: MayenDesig...