Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3544 (50's style apron)

Reviewed by:Aroura

love it!
Kayseri said... (9/19/10 8:39 PM) Reply
Wow, that's terrific
jannw said... (9/17/10 4:48 AM) Reply
How wonderful! What a great job you did and thanx for the tute. My Grandmother and Aunts all had "holiday" aprons..used when company was present as opposed to the everyday ones. You made a great example...enjoy
dukaqwn said... (9/15/10 8:25 PM) Reply
I really like this apron! I am gonna have to try this pattern. Something that I have entirely been lacking is an apron or smock because I am forever soiling my clothes when cooking or cleaning. I need a separate one to wear just when I plan to pet my 6 babies - cats!
JillyBe said... (9/15/10 6:45 PM) Reply
You know, your review has almost convinced me to make mine again (but do it right this time lol!)
talesofawannabe said... (9/15/10 5:48 PM) Reply
Amazing apron! This is in my sewing queue and you're review will most certainly be helpful. :]
ryansmumAria said... (9/14/10 9:22 PM) Reply
Perfection! Congratulations...
Hilary said... (9/14/10 6:08 PM) Reply
Wow, nice apron!! You did a great job-I think underlining it was a very good idea. It looks very sturdy, and pretty at the same time!
Athene said... (9/14/10 6:07 PM) Reply
Gorgeous apron - I love retro looking aprons and appreciate all the effort that went into making this one look so great.
Aroura said... (9/14/10 2:55 PM) Reply
Thanks you all very much! There is a small part of me that is afraid of getting it stained (the white parts), but then I made this one to use, since I don't own any other apron. I've already worn it to make dinner last night, and I felt pretty and it was totally practical at the same time. Can't wait to show it off for company during the holidays!
pterion said... (9/14/10 2:54 PM) Reply
What a great retro style. A lot of work clearly went into making your apron and it looks wonderful. I wouldn't want to mess it up by actually cooking in it either!
marec said... (9/14/10 10:53 AM) Reply
Wonderful work Aroura! Wow, the details and workmanship on this are superb. I really like the applique against the black/white print. Oh, and the buttons!!
ALY said... (9/14/10 9:09 AM) Reply
Gorgeous apron, lovely applique work. I would be afraid to wear something this lovely when cooking for fear of getting food or grease on it. I have seen people who use vintage aprons hanging from decortive hooks as "art" in their kitchens.
blessedtosew said... (9/14/10 8:42 AM) Reply
Beautiful!!! That is a work of art!!!
arianamaniacs said... (9/14/10 4:55 AM) Reply
Very feminine and the appliques turned out great! It's wonderful to put so much work into a garment that you end up loving!
barebear said... (9/14/10 2:25 AM) Reply
Impressive! I really like it. :)
sewsunny37 said... (9/14/10 1:12 AM) Reply
Fabulous vintage goodness! It's so beautiful I wouldn't ever want to risk getting it dirty!
JillyBe said... (9/14/10 0:27 AM) Reply
What a great job!! Love your fabric choices, and your details (as usual) are perfect :)
newmama said... (9/13/10 11:29 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous!
Elke said... (9/13/10 11:24 PM) Reply
Great looking apron! I like the fabrics you used and all the special details.
Aunt Gail said... (9/13/10 10:43 PM) Reply
This is just a knock out creating you've made. The black background and all the wonderful white accents. I am just so enthused about your work. TY for sharing and the pix were a special reason for this being a VERY helpful review
Aunt Gail said... (9/13/10 10:43 PM) Reply