Online Sewing Class: Understanding Knit Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Wild Ginger> PMB3 Jacket (PMB3 Princess Seam Jacket)

Reviewed by:Danvillegirl

About Danvillegirlstarstarstarstar
Member since: 7/6/03
Posted on:5/31/04 4:29 PM
Last Updated:5/31/04 6:50 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
Danvillegirl said... (6/2/04 5:57 AM) Reply
Linda D, Patti Jo--I think PMB gives you a good fit based on your measurements. However those little indent curves are still hard to account for in measuring, I think. I have a fairly good measurment with the program, but things still stand out a little at the back at waist line. Thus with center back seam, I can take it up a tad in the waist center and eliminate that excess fabric. Thank you all for positive feedback.
Sew it seams said... (6/1/04 7:59 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket, Linda. I really like the princess lines and the braid detail.
Patti-Jo said... (6/1/04 7:28 PM) Reply
Nice, Linda! I have to echo Linda D's comment about PMB. I have this also and thought the program took this into consideration. Maybe that's why I am not very successful with PMB! I, too, have the neck "roll" standing out on many of the things I make. I thought I was stretching the neck before sewing, so I take care to bring the iron to the cutting table and without removing the pattern, fuse a stay tape to it. (In some cases, fuse the interfacing). Careful trimming, grading, sometimes stay-stitch plus- I still have the problem. My SO thinks it's because I have a hollow chest-my collar bone (right terminology?) is too prominent. On the other hand, I just may be overdoing it! Love your jacket!
LindaD said... (6/1/04 8:26 AM) Reply
Linda, since you used PMB, what swayback adjustment do you still have to make? I have PMB too, but I'm just learning to use it. Your jacket is very nice.
Danvillegirl said... (6/1/04 5:36 AM) Reply
Marybeth, good suggestions.
MaryBeth said... (5/31/04 7:15 PM) Reply
Very pretty fabric, braid and design, Linda. As to the neck curl: steam with piece lying curved over a tailors ham or rolled towel? brooch pinned across the neckline? great scarf tied and pinned around the neck? OK, I'm out of suggestions :)
jlg said... (5/31/04 7:14 PM) Reply
Very pretty, Linda. I like the lines of your jacket.

Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns
Sewing Facings and Developing Facing Patterns

by: madbadger

by: Ilonka

Victory Anouk Paper Pattern

Victory Anouk Paper Pattern

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?