Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Design Magazine> 02-2004-16 (T-shirt)

Reviewed by:Dovie

About Dovie
PA USA
Member since: 11/12/03
Posted on:5/31/04 6:55 PM

Dovie said... (6/7/04 2:51 PM) Reply
I drew the spider and web with marker on regular paper. The I scanned it into my computer and printed it on my printer. Then I trimmed around the picture (trimmed out the negative space) so that there wouldn't be a huge stiff place on the shirt. And then I ironed it on as per the directions on the package---basically a hot iron, pressure and no steam, then peel the backing off. I must admit I am a little disappointed in the iron on after washing. It cracked in the first washing. The brand I found was Avery from wal-mart in the office supply area. I did fail to turn it inside out though, so perhaps that is highly critical. :) I was hoping it would be more durable though. It still looks fine if you aren't looking real close.
JDpenelope said... (6/5/04 8:05 AM) Reply
What a stroke of creativity! I also would love to hear your details about the iron on transfer, since I ordered some supplies, but have never used them. Your son must be pleased!
minieme said... (6/3/04 9:49 AM) Reply
Would you be able to detail how you did the iron on transfer? Thanks!
Speech girl said... (6/1/04 12:21 PM) Reply
Your shirt turned out great! I think your shirt looks better than the RTW spiderman shirts I've seen.
Georgene said... (5/31/04 10:36 PM) Reply
That is the cutest! My 14 yr old 'goth-punk' princess would for the spider design on one of her t-shirts for sure!
Tiner W said... (5/31/04 7:16 PM) Reply
This looks great--very RTW! What a cutie!

by: Mel W.