Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1192 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:laurenc0re

About laurenc0restar
TN USA
Member since: 7/30/09
Posted on:9/14/10 1:45 PM
Last Updated:9/14/10 1:47 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
YogaBunny said... (6/25/11 3:03 PM) Reply
I am in the middle of making this mess, oops, dress! You are right, the instructions for the lining and split are poor. I have now tossed the instructions and the dress is looking better already. :)
stitchywitch said... (9/14/10 6:45 PM) Reply
I had the same problems that you did - I agree, the pattern is just not well drafted. I was so frustrated with mine that I didn't finish it - you aren't alone on this one!
Athene said... (9/14/10 5:55 PM) Reply
Too bad there were so many issues with the pattern. I think the dress looks really nice on you from the front, but I do see where the lower half of the back zipper seems shifted toward one side - from the pull of the front crossover perhaps - or maybe I am not looking properly. Anyhow I think you did a fabulous job with what sounds like a very difficult poorly drafted pattern. Noile also had issues with the pattern according to her review. Auntie Allyn's dress turned out really well but she stated in her review that she used a knit fabric, so perhaps Vogue should have made this pattern mainly for knits.

by: Aafke