Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3828

About arianamaniacsstarstarstarstar
Member since: 6/11/04
Posted on:9/19/10 10:00 AM
Last Updated:9/19/10 10:14 AM
See other patterns in this category: Accessories

Other Projects by arianamaniacs using this Pattern

Vesta Patterns

JDpenelope said... (11/8/10 7:01 AM) Reply
You are certainly talented and creative! The fur flap is so "in der Mode." For the straps, rather than turning, could you just fold the two long sides inward along the center line (wrong sides together), then fold again toward each other, and stitch down along long edges? That's what I do, sometimes adding a stiffener, if needed. Yes, an industrial machine helps -- I have a walking foot industrial that works great for certain thick sewing, but sometimes the presser foot doesn't lift high enough. If it could, though, it would sew through anything, including fingers! Thanks for this review. The pattern is on my list.
3HoursPast said... (10/1/10 7:17 PM) Reply
OH wow, I thought this was a little pursey bag, not a big one. It's so cool!
lesliez said... (9/20/10 0:45 AM) Reply
Gorgeous. So unique. It's sure to get a lot of compliments when you carry it.
Kayseri said... (9/19/10 9:14 PM) Reply
Terrific looking bag. No-one will pick this up by mistake.
Aroura said... (9/19/10 12:05 PM) Reply
That is an excellent looking bag! I love your fabric and fur choices. So neat for a laptop carrier! It's clear you put a lot of work into this to get all those extras, and the kinks worked out. Great job!
marec said... (9/19/10 10:56 AM) Reply
My gosh, this bag is amazing. It looks as if it was made in ages past, and I mean that in the very best way. I love both this one and the other view you made. (I just saw an industrial machine on Craigslist and wondered who would buy it. Now I understand)