Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8570 (MISSES' DRESS)

Reviewed by:lamstu

About lamstustarstar
CHINA
Member since: 8/17/04
Posted on:9/15/10 6:47 PM
Last Updated:9/15/10 7:26 PM

Christas said... (11/11/10 6:28 PM) Reply
Oh, my! This is soooo pretty. The neckband and arm contrast add such a gorgeous detail ....... really nice work!
Kayseri said... (9/17/10 5:05 AM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous
donna mel said... (9/16/10 6:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful neckline and what a pretty fabric! It is better as a top, if you don't have a 12 year old figure.
Leora said... (9/16/10 5:37 PM) Reply
Great idea, the lingerie tabs are perfect. This looks great as a top!
margk said... (9/16/10 5:36 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review. This top looks gorgeous on you. I love the cut-away shoulder style - thanks for reminding me about bra straps!
Lucy in Virginia said... (9/16/10 1:43 PM) Reply
What an elegant transformation into a top. Nicely done inside and out. Love it!
Kristin said... (9/16/10 12:23 PM) Reply
You took what, on the surface, looks like a really boring pattern and made something absolutely fabulous with it. Now I'M going to get this pattern!
marec said... (9/16/10 10:28 AM) Reply
Wonderful results of your creativity! Thanks for the review-I will look at my neglected dress patterns with a new eye from now on.
cindyann said... (9/16/10 7:49 AM) Reply
I'm so glad you reviewed this pattern. It's in my stash and I have been wanting to make it. Now I know that it's going to need a bit more shaping. Your top is lovely!
MNBarb said... (9/16/10 6:23 AM) Reply
Love it, love it, love it! I'm putting it on my list. Your choice of fabric and the pattern alterations you made really resulted in a wonderful garment.
Terri A said... (9/16/10 0:07 AM) Reply
Super nice! Wow!
ButtonFaith said... (9/15/10 9:55 PM) Reply
I LOVE what you did with this pattern! An excellent and detailed review...thanks!
FreyaStark said... (9/15/10 9:00 PM) Reply
A snazzy and distinctive top. It looks fabulous on you, and your current capris seem just right.
ryansmumAria said... (9/15/10 8:37 PM) Reply
I love this pattern! I bought it as well and planned on making a top after I lower the neckline several inches as I am short necked.(This is alot of work for something that looks so simple) The fabrics you chose are perfect and you look beyond fabulous in it.
tiadia said... (9/15/10 7:42 PM) Reply
This is beautiful - I love the colour and the neckline is so interesting! You finished it beautifully, too!
AuntieShel said... (9/15/10 7:38 PM) Reply
Wow, what a gorgeous top on you!! You should be on the pattern envelope!! Great job!!!
JillyBe said... (9/15/10 7:34 PM) Reply
That is THE most flattering neckline - love it! I'll be looking at dress patterns with new eyes, thanks to this review. And what a brilliant little addition with the strap guide inside - thanks for a great review :)

by: velosewer