Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8670 (Misses' Top)

Reviewed by:yorkshire lass

About yorkshire lassstarstar
Member since: 3/23/06
Posted on:9/18/10 4:23 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people

Sewing Patterns: Upcycling

Vesta Patterns

cindyh1 said... (11/30/10 1:13 AM) Reply
Thank you for you honesty. I tried to make this view also and didn't get past my muslin, I did use a fabric with stretch in both directions and still the neck puckered horribly when the collar was attached. The problem is the neckline is way too low ( around the collar bone instead of the base of the neck) which produces those puckers....
Bonnie O said... (11/10/10 11:08 AM) Reply
Very helpful review. I really like your finished top!
AuntieShel said... (9/20/10 9:44 AM) Reply
Your top looks great despite the problems with the pattern. I had thought this might make a cute dress with that collar and buttons, but not so sure now. Thanks for this detailed review.
Squeezylemon said... (9/19/10 4:43 PM) Reply
For all the bother I still think it looks great on you Jenni! Worth trying again using the other suggested changes just to make your hard work worthwhile!
Selina said... (9/19/10 4:08 PM) Reply
I just finished this shirt (I think we made it on the same day :-) and I cut the collar two sizes bigger because I didn't want a tight neck (16 body, 20 neck). It turned out quite nice. Do you have any leftover fabric to cut a larger collar?
eugenia123 said... (9/19/10 12:54 PM) Reply
Excellent review - sorry your top didn't turn out quite as you wanted it - but it does look very nice in the photo!
0mega said... (9/19/10 11:33 AM) Reply
Here is a link to Vogue's page on this one:
starryfish said... (9/19/10 7:29 AM) Reply
I made a muslin of this view, and agree that the collar needs to be stretched an unbelievable amount in stitching. I was attracted by the photo in my sewtoday magazine,in which it looks smooth and comfortable. Mine was trying to strangle me and I don't even have a large neck! I'm not going to make this in good fabric. Too many patterns, too little time.
Michele Lommasson said... (9/18/10 5:54 PM) Reply
I enjoyed reading your review!

Burda 9511