Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 5107 (Plus sized separates)

Reviewed by:eclair

About eclair
Member since: 7/18/07

Posted on:9/21/10 7:29 AM
Last Updated:9/21/10 8:11 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
Annette1 said... (9/22/10 10:42 PM) Reply
Great pants AND review. You look every bit as elegant as the pattern model, too. :o)
MNBarb said... (9/21/10 8:07 PM) Reply
I had this same luck when returning to sewing last spring. I now take out that first pair of pants and see that both you and I could fit in them together. I love the nappy bum comment, it's so true. I've since taken about 4 inches from that pair of pants and have made many more, in smaller sizes, that fit very well. Don't give up. This will be a great pattern once you pare it down a bit.
carolynw said... (9/21/10 1:49 PM) Reply
I am with Marec - I think the pants look good but believe you are using a size that's too large for you. I also have a tummy and now with maturity (aha) have a flatter bum. If you look at Pants for Real People or Sandra B's Fast Fit or her Power Sewing the advise is to make pants in a size that corresponds to your hip - for me that's a 16 with adjustments for a larger waist. With elastic waist that's hardly ever a problem - just my 10c worth. Good review - thanks
eclair said... (9/21/10 11:26 AM) Reply
Thank you! I went by my measurements but I think I might have to get someone else to measure me in case I didn't do it right or straight. Or maybe I didn't use the whole seam allowance? I'll have to dig out the pattern envelope and do a post mortem I think. They are a bit swamping!
marec said... (9/21/10 10:57 AM) Reply
I love the fabric color and the simple lines of the pants. Are you sure you got the size correct? I think you are smaller than an 18/20. Good job on your successful foray into commercial patterns.

by: Jonni Ange...