Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 3665 (Infant layette)

Reviewed by:TanyaMT

About TanyaMTstarstarstar
Member since: 4/28/04
Posted on:6/3/04 1:39 AM

See other patterns in this category: Baby clothes
JDpenelope said... (6/8/04 6:27 PM) Reply
A word to the wise! Hoping for better results from KS, but I believe I heard that KS baby patterns also run a little large!
debbie.w said... (6/4/04 9:42 AM) Reply
I love the fabric and it looks so cute -- sorry it didn't work for your son.
Speech girl said... (6/3/04 1:49 PM) Reply
I have found that all newborn patterns from the major pattern companies run too large. I had the same experience with a McCall s cap fitting my almost 3 year old when I was making it for soon to be born sister.
TanyaMT said... (6/3/04 12:21 PM) Reply
Unfortunately, this time we don't have the length. I agree it is a better measure. These were to be shower gifts though and the baby is due in July. At least I have time to make something else. LOL. I think I will get Kwik Sew or use the New Conceptions one I already made that came out well.
Elona said... (6/3/04 11:24 AM) Reply
I also have found that McCall's infant patterns run huuuuge! And no matter how cute the designs are (and they are, these days), the construction techniques will be lumpy and weird. Kwik Sew is much, much better, but even so, what you really need to know is the height (length) of the baby for whom you are sewing, and his chest or tummy girth.
New2Oki said... (6/3/04 3:11 AM) Reply
I had the same problem a few years ago with a McCall's pattern. (Before I joined PR, of course.) I made an infant sleeper, and my son was 3 years old before he could wear it! Good thing you've got a toddler who can reap the rewards of 'unusual' sizing. Great review; thanks!

Other My Childhood Treasures