Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 2409 (Misses or Plus Size Tops)

Reviewed by:Jane S

About Jane Sstar
FL USA
Posted on:9/23/10 9:57 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Plus
Christas said... (10/14/10 6:22 PM) Reply
These garments are amazing I would have totally passed up this pattern, but after seeing your beautiful results have definitely changed my mind. You have a terrific eye for the right fabric and embellishments. Thanks for the great review!
betty bushwacker said... (9/25/10 9:52 AM) Reply
you know, you mirrored my feelings about wearing a top like this LOL!! (I'm 53) but seeing it on you I'm starting the car. Beautiful job on them all.
mhk3boys said... (9/24/10 8:25 AM) Reply
Very pretty! I love all of your tops!
Annette1 said... (9/24/10 1:24 AM) Reply
AND I just looked on sewingpatterns.com, and Simplicitys are on sale for $2.99. LORD KNOWS, I NEED more patterns!
Annette1 said... (9/24/10 1:20 AM) Reply
I sneaked a peak at your review today at W-O-R-K, BUT it wouldn't let me look at the pictures, so I'm just now getting to see all these WONDERFUL tops, AND the dress that you've made. I can tell you RAT NOW, they should put you on that pattern, and they'd sell millions of these patterns. :o) I'm with Carolyn, I'm going to hot foot it to the dreaded Wal-Mart and get me one, too! GREAT job!
AuntieShel said... (9/23/10 6:20 PM) Reply
Fabulous tops, all of them, and thank you so much for the great review of each one. I need to also avoid looking pregnant at my age and so tend to steer clear of empire waists, but you have proven that some of them can be very flattering. Thank you for dissecting the top you found in the store!!
carolynw said... (9/23/10 5:44 PM) Reply
I am one of those who went right by this pattern - watch me hot foot it to the store to grab it - hope it's not OOP. I l-o-v-e all of your tops and since here in Ontario Canada we had the hottest summer ever it would have been so good to have these to wear - next summer then!!
Robin Denning said... (9/23/10 4:31 PM) Reply
Jane, this pattern has been a fountain of fashion for you! What a treat to see FIVE versions of a pattern. I love each one, too. You accessorize so well.
RLL said... (9/23/10 2:57 PM) Reply
Oh my, this certainly has been a winner for you. I love all your versions. I purchased this a while back with the cowl neck in mind, but started thinking about the prego look also (I'm 52) am decided to move on. I may have to revisit the idea now. Thanks!
newmama said... (9/23/10 1:00 PM) Reply
All the different versions are great. I'm encouraged to try some of the flower embellishments, yours are beautiful!
Amanda S. said... (9/23/10 11:31 AM) Reply
Well! Aren't you creative with such a simple design! I love all your views and they're super flattering. Great job!!!
KensingtonCrab said... (9/23/10 10:41 AM) Reply
Beautiful tops and they look fantastic on you! Your review is very helpful! I, too, passed this pattern by but will look at it again (Hancock has Simplicity patterns on sale for $1.53 right now).
homejewel said... (9/23/10 10:32 AM) Reply
Wow - what a an amazing top. I, too, thought the pattern was for knits. Your fabric selections are great!

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Classic Dress Shirt Pattern