Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 05-2009-18 (Penelope Tweed Coat)

Reviewed by:21wale

About 21walestarstarstarstar
MN United States
Member since: 6/25/08
Posted on:9/27/10 7:47 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
Nessa09 said... (9/28/10 3:02 PM) Reply
I really like your coat! I saw it in the Ottobre magazine, and you did a good job on it!
nicegirl said... (9/28/10 11:31 AM) Reply
Super cute coat! I like the length and the collar. I too have that pulling problem often. I've started doing a broad back adjustment, though I haven't been doing it long enough to know if it helps with long sleeves (haven't started sewing for Fall yet). I explained how to do it here: http://theslapdashsewist.blogspot.com/2010/05/simplicity-2938-pleat-neck-princess.html
SVN said... (9/28/10 10:07 AM) Reply
Good-looking coat! I have similar problems with tightness across the front of arms and find that extending/widening shoulders and lengthening sleeve cap height usually does the trick! I'm tall and slim too, so I can say from experience to beware of broadening the back - it's unlikely to be the culprit given your proportions!
Lori V said... (9/27/10 10:55 PM) Reply
Cute coat.
MNBarb said... (9/27/10 9:16 PM) Reply
It must be fall in MN. I also just finished a coat. Isn't it fun to tackle and succeed in making something more challenging? The fit issue might just be the design, it's fitted. It's harder in a cold climate to wear such a garment since there will almost always be a few layers underneath. I think it will make a lovely late fall coat. I really like the length and style.

by: Eli cat