Pattern Reviews> Other> SDG-105 (Torii tunic)

Reviewed by:soupdragon

About soupdragonstar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 10/9/09
Posted on:9/29/10 6:11 AM
Last Updated:9/29/10 6:15 AM

GotCurves said... (4/5/12 11:36 PM) Reply
Maybe it's just the picture, but this looks lovely on you!
SewRuth said... (2/9/12 11:19 AM) Reply
Thanks for tip off - I hate gathers around the waist and the photo on the website just didn't show this clearly - I'd like to see line drawings. I too am 14/16 I think it's wishful thinking on my part that I'd look good in this. Your fabric is lovely though
soupdragon said... (10/3/10 5:55 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the nice comments. I think the problem is in the gathered skirt. I thought I could solve it by changing to a tunic, but, well, it just didn't work. Also, the quilting cotton - oh why are so many the nice looking fabrics in this weight! I guess for the quilters. I had one success with the Amy Butler Liverpool, not posted yet. I never get around to taking photos but I am trying to catch up on reviews of my first year of dressmaking.
Kayseri said... (9/30/10 6:41 PM) Reply
Lovely fabric and beautifully made. I think the shoulders sleeve and midriff are fine on you but the gathered "skirt" is un-flattering.
AnitaJJ said... (9/29/10 8:03 PM) Reply
I hope you don't cut it up. The fabric is gorgeous. And you did a very nice job. I really like the v-neckline on you. I love tunics too, but for myself, haven't figured out how to make them work. But that one looks very cute on you. Nice job.
ClaireEmily said... (9/29/10 5:51 PM) Reply
Sorry to hear that it didn't work out! I have to say I have never liked any garment I have made with quilting cotton.
Mini said... (9/29/10 9:55 AM) Reply
Thanks for a candid review - it's helpful to know when things don't work in real life. I think the problem is mostly the sleeve style. Dolman sleeves are easy to sew but just not the most flattering look for most of us. If you feel like recycling it and moving on, at least it was a learning experience:).
moss said... (9/29/10 9:35 AM) Reply
I think it looks really good. Maybe put it aside for a while and come back to it?
happytobehere said... (9/29/10 7:36 AM) Reply
I think it looks great on you! I would hate to see you cut it up. Thanks for the review.

Burda 7206