Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 9040 (Very Easy Very Vogue)

Reviewed by:Nikki

About Nikkistarstarstarstar
MD USA
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:6/5/04 10:08 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people
Tessa said... (6/6/04 8:36 PM) Reply
Didn't realise this pattern was still around. I made view B several years ago from a very lightweight, drapey Indian silk. It worked really well. I like your version with the dragonflies, and I agree that "silk-like" is not very descriptive for recommended fabrics.
Danvillegirl said... (6/6/04 4:21 PM) Reply
Lovely fabric, looks great made up in this style. As always good review.
mag said... (6/6/04 8:13 AM) Reply
Pretty top. I have been considering that pattern myself. I'd like to try it in an asian print. Your fabric was a pretty choice too.
Katharine in BXL said... (6/6/04 0:30 AM) Reply
Cindyann's right--you did a fabulous job on the collar! Flawless matching of fabric and pattern. More gorgeous than what anyone can expect of pret-a-porter. Wow.
kathi s said... (6/5/04 9:42 PM) Reply
Really pretty top! Really admire your perfect stitching on the collar, too. Looks like it would be a flattering pattern for all sorts of figure types, even mine- lol!
Nikki said... (6/5/04 12:59 PM) Reply
Elona, I left out the shoulder pads - it just didn't seem necessary. I bet the top would work great for an asian pattern silk jacquard or similar.
Elona said... (6/5/04 12:36 PM) Reply
Very pretty, Nikki! I've had this one in my stash for ages. It looks like a winner that needs to be made up. Did you wind up using the shoulder pads they recommend?
cindyann said... (6/5/04 12:28 PM) Reply
That is a very lovely top. It's a great pattern so I see why it's been in the catalog for so long. Your fabric selection is right on! The frog closure is the perfect touch and it highlights your precise workmanship on the collar.
shard said... (6/5/04 12:20 PM) Reply
Gorgeous. Very flattering, and you did a great job on the construction. Thanks for the review. I'll probably pick this one up.
AnneM said... (6/5/04 10:57 AM) Reply
What a perfect fabric for that top. It seems like a nice fit (as you said, loose but not like a tent).
MaryBeth said... (6/5/04 10:55 AM) Reply
Beautiful frog, dragonflies and mandarian collar, Nikki! Now that I see it made up the pattern comes alive and I really like it. Thanks for the review.
gabrielle said... (6/5/04 10:14 AM) Reply
It's beautiful, Nikki, very graceful. I love all the tops/tunics you've been making.

BurdaStyle Magazine 01-2014-122