Online Sewing Class: Understanding Interfacings

Pattern Reviews> No Pattern Used> None (Travel Sized Pillowcase)

Reviewed by:Melissa S.

About Melissa S.star
NY USA

Posted on:6/5/04 12:40 PM
Last Updated:6/5/04 8:47 PM

Tropigal said... (6/6/04 9:21 AM) Reply
Very cute and certainly a lot more fun than what is usually available.
Hilary said... (6/5/04 9:12 PM) Reply
Your pillow cases are so cute and fun! My kids have been after me for special pillowcases for awhile~having them help make them is a great idea! Thanks for the review! I like the idea of using small size pillows, too~less intimidating for them :o)
Melissa S. said... (6/5/04 8:16 PM) Reply
Stefanie, my daughter is six and this was one of her first projects also. When I taught her this project, I didn't have her sew the cuff in the round. We pressed the cuff wrong sides together, then stitched it to the top of the pillowcase before the side seam was sewn. The last step was to stitch the side and bottom. I think it was a little easier for her this way. I also think the travel size pillowcase was a bit easier for her to handle than a standard size simply because there is less fabric to deal with. Either way, pillowcases are a great learning project for kids. Good luck!
Elemenopeo said... (6/5/04 7:23 PM) Reply
Those are really nice fabrics you chose. I have made pillowcases too and they make nice gifts too. Kids think they are so special. I'm teaching my kids to sew now and think I will use this as one of their projects.

Skinny Bitch Curvy Chick SB300