Pattern Reviews> Amy Butler> Style Stitches: Blossom (Blossom Handbag/Shoulder Bag)

Reviewed by:aliciavr6

About aliciavr6
Member since: 9/10/10

Posted on:10/5/10 2:41 PM
Last Updated:11/6/10 1:42 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
Quilla said... (12/19/13 2:58 AM) Reply
This looks great!! I am planning on doing this bag this weekend (once my order of Peltex arrives in the mail!). I was wondering, how do you KNOW when your pattern pieces have printed to the correct size?
mamaua said... (8/21/11 11:26 AM) Reply
Great job! Iʻm inspired to finish one too :) but very curious: has anyone tried making this with fusible fleece in the main panels and flap for a more quilted look!? would this be a bad idea?
aliciavr6 said... (11/22/10 1:49 PM) Reply
Okay, updated to "advanced beginner" although I still feel like a beginner! I seem to always have some kind of sewing machine trouble with each project lol. Texas - UGH the cutting of the pattern pieces was by far the worst and most time consuming part! I've given myself the almost impossible task of completing 4 bags out of this book by Christmas! Luckily it will be two pairs, each pair identical. One pattern is the easy Hobo bag with tassel fringe, the other is the Take Flight, which looks a bit difficult! Wish me luck!
Texastopaz said... (11/7/10 10:33 PM) Reply
I have been working on this bag this weekend. Lots of cutting and ironing to just get the pieces! I quit today just as I was ready to do the lining. I think the second one will be easier, but the directions are great! Yes, I'm making two and maybe one for me!
Andreahg said... (11/6/10 4:06 PM) Reply
WOW! I love this bag! I've been looking for a pattern of this shape of bag and nearly bought a RTW bag since I couldn't find out. Thanks for sharing this pattern!
Nan Kay said... (11/6/10 2:49 PM) Reply
Great bag! Now I need to try the pattern too! I did get a giggle from your status. Beginner? I don't think so, the pattern is rated advanced, and you did a lovely job!
cloudyhn said... (11/6/10 11:28 AM) Reply
Beautiful... I love it
Christas said... (11/6/10 10:32 AM) Reply
I have a couple of Amy Butler bag patterns in my stash. I really should sew them. Yours is so cute!
SewSho said... (11/6/10 2:51 AM) Reply
Very nice! It looks like a posh store bought one! Thx for the link, trying a nice bag is my next challenge!
sewfrequent said... (11/5/10 8:44 PM) Reply
Its really great!! But you need to upgrade your status from "beginner"!! love the fabric too!
JDpenelope said... (10/6/10 0:46 AM) Reply
It's looking very good! Hope to see and hear about your final result. Sewing bags like this is why I bought an industrial machine -- All of those layers can be quite a challenge for many home machines. It takes me forever to cut out the fabric, interfacings and lining. And fusing the interfacing takes awhile, too. I like this pattern and appreciate the link. Thanks.
So So said... (10/5/10 5:47 PM) Reply
I found this the other day too. Not tried it yet. Your bag looks great. Thanks for the very encouraging review Iam sure you will enjoy using this one.